Fluval spec plants? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 02:15 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (1/100%)
Fluval spec plants?

I set up a fluval sec tank for my desk at work. I am a normal 9-5 worker so I am setting it up as a very low maintence tank. Essentially It will only have a Betta and possible a snail or a shrimp or 2. Tank is 2g the light it came with is an led but its not very strong. Is there any plant I could use that dont require daily care?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 02:18 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (11/100%)
Anubias probably?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 04:14 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (12/100%)
Any variety of moss that you like. Java moss, x-mas moss, weeping moss, fissidens, etc. Marimo moss balls. They can be broken up and laid flat to make a little carpet if you want. Crypt parva because it stays tiny and in my experience grows really well and bushy in low light.

If your substrate is inert and has no nutrients, stick with anubias and moss and maybe baby java ferns, knowing they will eventually outgrow your tank.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 05:36 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
I have a dirted Fluval V, and planted some ludwigia repens which responded pretty well with the stock lighting. Definitely not for a plain gravel bottom tank, tho.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 06:03 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (42/100%)
I have one on my desk and I currently have Sunset Hygro, Anubias petite nana, Ludwigia red, Bolbitis small form and fissidens fontanus. All do well with the stock light, excel and ferts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 06:09 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (42/100%)
Latest picture of my tank.

https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...&postcount=233

Great thread if you haven't checked it out.

https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...=138344&page=1

-

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 06:13 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneiros View Post
I have a dirted Fluval V, and planted some ludwigia repens which responded pretty well with the stock lighting. Definitely not for a plain gravel bottom tank, tho.
I have ludwigia repens growing in my Spec V with Eco-Complete and very little ferts for what it's worth. Actually, I wasn't fertilizing at all until recently. It grows great!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 06:35 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (1/100%)
Quote:

Thats my exact tank thanks for the suggestions. I have just inert gravel. I am willing to use root tabs if I need to but I dont want to have to keep up with any co2 or dosing while I am at work. The anubias seem the best way to go from what it sounds. Slow growing and low maintence

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode