New Fish Bowl Nano (update 3/20/06) - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-27-2006, 05:01 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
New Fish Bowl Nano (update 3/20/06)

Late Friday night I managed to break the one gallon bowl that I had, sending flourite and water all over my lap. So on Sat. went to the store and found a new bowl to start again.
Here is what i think is in it, some of the plants were given to me and I am not 100 percent sure.
Anubias nana, not sure if it is petite
dwarf hairgrass?
glosso
tiny crypt hiding in the back.
Using a 13w fluorescent and I got bored today and built a DIY CO2 out of a 16oz bottle with an airstone. Probably over doing it but oh well, it was simple to make.
Here are a couple pics, Comments on anything would be appreciated.

Last edited by AlaskaRiver; 03-21-2006 at 04:09 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-27-2006, 06:11 AM

Looks good. What are your future plans for this bowl?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 06:35 AM Thread Starter

I am not entirely sure what I am going to do with this tank. I consider this to be kind of an experiment, I am really new to planted tanks and I am interested in seeing what I can grow. As for fauna I am thinking some cherry shrimp or maybe even a beta, not really sure what else could live in a tank this size without a filter. Leaning towards some cherries, I have three in my other tank and I think it would be cool if I ould get some to breed. Does anyone have recomendations on how many would be needed to get a good mix? Thanks

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-21-2006, 04:07 AM Thread Starter

Update 3/20/06 new pics

Here are some new pictures. The bowl has been up for about 3 weeks. In the last week the hairgrass has really started to take off, sending out new runners all the time. The anubias has been growing nicely and the glosso is also coming along. I just added 2 cherry shrimp to take care of some algae. Tommorow I plan on adding 2 or 3 more to try and get them to breed.

The glosso in the front on the right is acting funny however, instead of sending runners out to the side like the rest it is growing straight up.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-21-2006, 07:01 AM

Trim the Glosso regulary on the top and if you like you can replant the trimmings. This should encourage more bushy growth.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode