Going to buy fish for my nano . . . questions and suggestions, please! - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-14-2006, 04:05 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (3/100%)
Going to buy fish for my nano . . . questions and suggestions, please!

Good morning! I am helping my little sister with her nano tank set up that she got for christmas. We set things up the week after christmas.

2.5g bowfront
whisper filter
11w cf light
flourite substrate
20% water change weekly
2 dwarf anubas
2 hornwart

After we got things going we added a handful of gravel from the lfs tank and 12 ghost shrimp. It as been two weeks and here are the results.

I know that it is not going to win any aquascaping contests but remember that this is the tank of a 15 year old. Out of the 12 ghosts - still have 11 and they seem to be very happy.

Now . . . here are my questions.
1. As you can see, there is algae and so I need suggestions on a clean up crew that would be appropriate for this small of a tank.
2. Here is some brown spots on the anubas that I think are brown algae. Is it brown algae or are my anubas unhappy? I am going to start dosing with excel soon.

3. Stocking suggestions for fish that will live happily with the shrimp but are kinda showy. Since my sister is 15, she really wants something colorful to look at.
4. How do I take better pictures of the tank with my digital camera?

Any other suggestions?
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-14-2006, 05:01 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (47/100%)
The tank looks good. I love the little goblin thing. I think moving it to the side or offcenter will help me look past it. Scares the heck out of me, b/c I just keep starting at it and nothing else. A background of some sort will add some depth, hide some of those wires there, and ascent the ghost shrimp and plants. Oh, and maybe sloping the flourite from high in the back, and low to front will help making the tank even bigger.

Photo suggestions: Lights out in the room, tank light only. and take your picture w/flash. You almost got the closeup shots, just gotta get the shrimp in a little more focus.

Fish suggestions: endlers, otos, and pygmy cories.

Looking good, Keep it Poppin

the KIDD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-14-2006, 08:29 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (3/100%)
So, I just got home from the lfs. I ended up with 2 male fantail guppies and an oto. How many guppies can I put in a tank this small? Also . . . I am dosing 0.25ml of excel a day according to the directions. Does that sound correct?

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode