Christmas Nano - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-22-2005, 11:54 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (2/100%)
Christmas Nano

Cherry gave me her new 4 gal nano [see the link below] as a Christmas present when she went back to school. Goes to prove higher education is a good thing (!)

So now I'm overhauling it. I'm sure it's cycled and there's no algae at all so far. I've added a groovy piece of driftwood that I've attached some java moss to, a fairly healthy crypt from my main tank, and I have some petite nana that I'm not sure how to plant.

I also have a batch of baby tears that were planted but are looking like they're fading.

2 Olive nerites and a nasty little male betta that ate her shrimp and who is plug-ugly to boot.

Getting some serious tannins from the wood but am willing to wait it out with water changes. Right now the water is cloudy from the move, but I'll post pics later.

Any special instructions on how to plant baby's tears--there are 13 watts of light over 4 gal, shouldn't that be enough?

Thanks,

P.S.: Male Betta FREE to good home.
Fig
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-23-2005, 02:40 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (7/100%)
I have one of those, except mine has a gray base (I got it w/ no lights/filter). Babys tears, I always just trimmed them to size and stuck em in the substrate - I had to prune these like mad when I had them in my old 10g.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-23-2005, 05:24 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (2/100%)
This one's base is grey too. Do you have any pics of your set-up?

Fig

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-23-2005, 09:56 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (7/100%)
hehe - if i did it would be a empty tank with onyx sand sitting in it.

I am waiting until next payday to start working it (still brainstorming scaping ideas... having trouble finding suitable rocks/wood!) I do have all my hardware for it finally (36w coralife, zoomed 501 turtle filter).

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode