New setup for 24g nano cube immitation - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-09-2005, 01:34 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
New setup for 24g nano cube immitation

Hi, I want to go for a nano cube with the same dimensions as the jbj 24g nano cube. The difference is that I am going to make it out of acrylic to avoid the problems the leaking normal nano cubes have.

I was also thinking on not using filtration at all, since I am planning to have only 1 ramirezzi and 1 betta. Only one small pump and carbon hidden somewhere inside the tank.

So it would go like this:

24g jbj nanocube measures.

2x 36 watt power compacts. If the bulbs are half atnitic half daylight, the effect would be really nice, however I don't know if you would recommend the two bulbs to be half atnitic half daylight.

One bag of carbon, hidden somewhere in the tank

One small powerhead.

hagen co2 system

1 betta, 1 ramirezzi.

What do you think of the setup? basically I want good light with low maintenance, since it will be only 2 fish, I guess maybe water changes could be every 3 months with no problem?

What do you think of the setup?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-09-2005, 05:18 AM

PTrader: (0/0%)
well if your going go through the problem of builing a tank. I would just put in a black peice of acrylic in the back and have a 4-5inch section of unused part of the tank for hiding a heater and filter and anything else. Its really easy you could even do an over flow setup if you wanted. But im not sure how co2 acts with overflows.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-09-2005, 12:51 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
why not just wait for the aquapod to come out? it's almost the same as the nanocube, but uses thicker glass and made by currentUSA. it uses 2x 32w power compacts.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode