My 12g Nano - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 07:03 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
My 12g Nano

Here's a couple of picture of my 12 nano cube. I'm just getting used to growing plats so far and need some help aquascating. Any comments or suggestions?

http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/f...ad.php?t=10643
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-08-2005, 01:09 PM
eds

PTrader: (8/100%)
Looks good to me.

I like that you've kept the right front open with the moss on wood immediately behind. Goes well with the slope up to the left side, with the hairgrass in the middle - suggests depth which is difficult in a small tank.

The background looks very jungly - but I never have a problem with masses of healthy attractive plants. Perhaps you could work on positioning the red highlights to make more clear focal points. The red plant on the right (ludwigia?) strikes me as a little too large for the scape.

Finally, I haven't made my mind up yet re: the moss on the powerhead.

My only question is what are you doing with this big old tank in the nano forum?!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-08-2005, 03:07 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatrout
Here's a couple of picture of my 12 nano cube. I'm just getting used to growing plats so far and need some help aquascating. Any comments or suggestions?

http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/f...ad.php?t=10643

How long has that nano been setup? And did you throw in fast growers to start for a few months and THEN put in the plants you wanted to aquascape with?

I have a 6g JBJ Nanocube and I am getting frustrated with hearing different answers for this "fast grower" aspect.

Thanks

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-08-2005, 03:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eds
Looks good to me.

I like that you've kept the right front open with the moss on wood immediately behind. Goes well with the slope up to the left side, with the hairgrass in the middle - suggests depth which is difficult in a small tank.

The background looks very jungly - but I never have a problem with masses of healthy attractive plants. Perhaps you could work on positioning the red highlights to make more clear focal points. The red plant on the right (ludwigia?) strikes me as a little too large for the scape.

Finally, I haven't made my mind up yet re: the moss on the powerhead.

My only question is what are you doing with this big old tank in the nano forum?!

Thanks eds!

You are right about a couple of points. The Ludwigia definately needs to be trimmed back, but it seems to grow like a weed. There's a mix of Hydro (2 types), Ludwigia, Vals, and Rotala in the background that's a mess. I think this might end up being a case of less is more and I should reduce and re-group. The moss on the powerhead is for the Rainbowfish to spawn in. Most folks use a yarn mop for their Rainbowfish, but I thought I'd try moss instead.

Thanks for the feedback!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-08-2005, 03:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99RedSi
How long has that nano been setup? And did you throw in fast growers to start for a few months and THEN put in the plants you wanted to aquascape with?

I have a 6g JBJ Nanocube and I am getting frustrated with hearing different answers for this "fast grower" aspect.

Thanks
Red,

That Nano has been up for about 3 months. The key to growth Vs. you 6 gal may be that on my 12g it's the deluxe version with 48 watts of light (2X24) One lamp is the original 50/50 10K Actinic and I changed the other out to a 6700K grow bulb. The other key is that I added pressurized CO2. After fiddling with DIY for a couple of months I added a 2.5 lb. tank and regulator. I don't think I'm adding more CO2 that the DIY I was using, it's just a lot more stable. The pearlweed, H. Micromathoides on the left is a great plant to start in a nano tank. It's fast growing and looks pretty good too.

Thanks for the response.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode