Idea for a 2 gal hex? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 05:01 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Idea for a 2 gal hex?

Hey everyone i have been cruising the board but now i will post some.

I have a couple planted tanks. Smallest being a 5 so this will be my first true tiny tank

I have an 2gal hex betta tank i had laying around so i decided to make it a nano.

heres what it will have equipment wise

Some sort of tiny HOB filter. prolly red sea.
Screw in florescant. 15-25watts havent decided yet
For plants i was thinking dwarf hairgrass all around a small piece of driftwood with a clipping of baby leaves off one of my anubis plants or a baby java jern attached to it. Should look faily good when i get around to it.
I was thinkin a cherry shrimp and maybe a dwarf puffer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 05:21 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (20/100%)
That layout would look good.

Seems like I've heard people say that puffers will often kill cherry shrimp but sometimes they get along ok. Apparently it's a personality thing.

http://www.dwarfpuffers.com/setup4.htm

Quote:
It's basically a gamble with shrimp. Some dwarves don't even notice them, while others will rip them to shreds within minutes! I have had a great deal of success keeping Amano Shrimp with my Dwarf Puffers so far, but I know that as soon as the puffers find out the shrimp are tasty, that will be the end of their peaceful coexistence!

"Insanity: doing [or asking] the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 07:25 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
yea i already have one DP in my 5gal. Its all depends on what the puffer feels like. Mine went through a hunger strike untill i pampered him with only pond snails, When he had enough fo them he wanted only ramshorns, when he had enough of them he had a unique taste for live insects, then he decided he liked the frozen bloodworms. Now he eats whatever. I think he just wanted to show me hes the boss ahha

I hope it works good. I have it in my head ya know a great picture. Kinda like a feild surrounding a mountain

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 08:12 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (20/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB
I hope it works good. I have it in my head ya know a great picture. Kinda like a feild surrounding a mountain
LOL. Yeah, I know. I have two or three of those in my head right now too. You kinda cross your fingers and hope the plants are seeing the same picture.

Ain't it great. Never a boring moment.

I looked up a 2 gal hex and yeah, I think an island type scape would work great.

"Insanity: doing [or asking] the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode