JBJ Nanocube - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-01-2005, 06:02 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
JBJ Nanocube

I am new to nanocubes, I went ahead and ordered a 24 gallon deluxe nanocube...and then read some reviews that they crack along the seamless edge....anyone here have one and have anything good or bad to say about them?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-01-2005, 07:50 PM
Algae Grower

The NC24 tanks have a huge failure rate, last I heard about 25%.
The glass is just to thin.

CHECK OUT THIS LINK
http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/show...threadid=60234

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
< . . .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. . .

< . . .

< . . .

< . . .
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-01-2005, 07:54 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Does anyone know about the 6 gallon one?

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-01-2005, 11:06 PM Thread Starter

so....its too late for me, I already ordered and paid. The guy who sold it to me says this new model that is due out in 3 weeks has no problems....but I guess he must be lying then huh? What a disappointment. I barely was able to talk the hubby into this and now its gonna crack....how long did the one last that was in the link you posted? If its within 6 months, I will be ok cuz of the warranty. The guy who sold it to me is an authorized dealer, so atlreast I have a warranty...
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-02-2005, 03:52 AM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by anndi
so....its too late for me, I already ordered and paid. The guy who sold it to me says this new model that is due out in 3 weeks has no problems....but I guess he must be lying then huh? What a disappointment. I barely was able to talk the hubby into this and now its gonna crack....how long did the one last that was in the link you posted? If its within 6 months, I will be ok cuz of the warranty. The guy who sold it to me is an authorized dealer, so atlreast I have a warranty...
You will be better off if you are buying from a LFS. It will not be as likely to be damaged in shipping. Open the box and look for tiny (or not so tiny) cracks before you leave the store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trckrunrmike
Does anyone know about the 6 gallon one?
The falure rate on the nc6 is much lower, mainly just shipping damage.
I have an nc6 and have not had any problems with cracking (knock on wood).

< . . .

. . .

< . . .

< . . .

< . . .
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-02-2005, 03:16 PM Thread Starter

Yes, an LFS would have been better. But the thing is, I already ordered one. JBJ is supposedly putting out a new model that has been stress tested and with better glues and bonds.....it is due out in 3-6 weeks. This is the model that I ordered. I can only hope it is really better! Thanks for your help.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-02-2005, 03:38 PM

We've had out NC for almost one year without any problems. Have to admit it has been bumped and run into a few times by our dogs running into them while playing. No cracking yet. (knocking on wood). It is set up as a reef tank.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-02-2005, 11:16 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by anndi
Yes, an LFS would have been better. But the thing is, I already ordered one. JBJ is supposedly putting out a new model that has been stress tested and with better glues and bonds.....it is due out in 3-6 weeks. This is the model that I ordered. I can only hope it is really better! Thanks for your help.
How did you hear about this? And are they releasing a new NC6 (6g Nanocube) too?
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-03-2005, 06:06 PM Thread Starter

It looks like only the 24 gallon, but I am only going on the word of my seller.....and one other seller that is on ebay. Ive attached a quote below from the jbjnanocube.com website... I guess I will see when I get it....Im really hoping its true....

"Please note we are expecting our shipment of the newly redesigned 24 gal nano cubes the 3rd week of november. These are al stress tested have different molds and glues and are much safer. We will have one of the first shipments in of this product in the USA. Please note we are now 100% out of the old model. If you are not willing to wait for this please do not order."

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode