-shrimps
-snails

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-25-2005, 03:48 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
Nice little tank!
The only thing I'd point out is that your DIY rig takes out a great deal of visual pleasure. I'd try to come up with something more descreet like running the airline into filter intake or connecting it to an airstone and placing near outflow.
Just an idea.

But great work nevertheless!
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-25-2005, 04:36 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (21/100%)
What kind of rock scpae are you trying to create? I ask this because I see you only have two rocks.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-25-2005, 06:42 PM

PTrader: (3/100%)
Looks bigger then the actual size...nice layout.
Equiptment suggestion...
Perhaps you could get creative with the stone and use it to hide the diffuser or move it behind the plants in the right.
Also , you could get yourself two elbows for the tubing so you can run the tubing straight down to an elbow, a small nipple of tubing and then another elbow pointing up so you can eliminate that big bend and go straight up into the diffuser.
Speaking of which...I dont see a water line in the diffuser...any CO2 in there ?

Great start here..I like it !
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-26-2005, 12:32 AM Thread Starter

thanks for the reply guys

the c02 bottle is full of c02 thats why there is no airline, it occasionally burps a bubble every bow and then and it gets sucked into my hob (i think its helpnig keep the c02 levels a bit high)

good idea with the elbow for the c02 tubing ! il work on that to make the tube a bit more discreet.

i call the rockscape... randomscape.... i actually had driftwood but the moss on the wood encountered an algae problem so i removed it and replaced it with a rock... hence the randomscape.....

il think of a way to hide the c02 diffuser.... maybe move the hob and diffuser to the right but the hemianthus might get sucked up into the hob and clog up the hob... hmm hmmm
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-26-2005, 12:33 AM
Wannabe Guru

I like it. Good suggestions Buckman. Are you considering any fish, maybe white clouds?
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-26-2005, 12:53 AM Thread Starter

yes the fish ! i forgot about the fish before i had 2 rams in there but they were too aggressive and bit all the shrimps to death ! thats why i traded them in for cardinals which i placed into the main tank... the fish is still a question too ...

i hav an idea about placing a small foam over the hob intake (just like what you do when you have shrimps) so that it will protect the hob from clogging by the hemianthus and protect the shrimps at the sme time !! then i could hide the diffuser and hob behind the hemianthus ! :P hehe nice idea ?? no no ?

*white clouds are nice fish... how many of em do you think i could fit in ?are they shrimp safe ?
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-26-2005, 01:23 AM
Are these real?

PTrader: (194/100%)
I think White Clouds need just a little more space. They are fast swimmers, and cramming them into 8in of space wouldn't be fair.

How about some Endlers?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-26-2005, 01:31 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Nice aquascape... looks real good.

I think you should take off your HOB filter when the plants grow in a bit. Just for asthetic reasons. I know you can't really see it in the picture, but I'm sure you see it every day.

75 gallon, fillstar xp2 with inline reactor, 12 Lb pressurised co2, 4.2 WPG-corallife 3x96 watt PC-, fluorite/silica-sand substright.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-26-2005, 01:36 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (-1/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth_kpe
its a 8X8X8 cube

equipment
-lighting is a 23 Watt standard CF bulb
-mini HOB filter
-c02 via a small bottle

hardscape
- substrate is really small pea gravel with sera floredepot underneath
- 2 rocks

plants
-glosso
-hemianthus
-a few strands of hairgrass

inhabitants
-shrimps
-snails

is that small bottle a deffuser???? how do u make dat?
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-26-2005, 05:18 AM Thread Starter

the small bottle is the bottle for injections ...errr you know where they get injections from ..... cant describe it really

this one!

anyways ... wont removing the HOB be bad for the flora and fauna ?? whats an endler ?!?!?!?

this fish ?
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-26-2005, 06:25 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (21/100%)
I don't have a filter or water movement in two nanos. Everything is fine.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-26-2005, 07:38 AM Thread Starter

really !!??! can you give me its specs ! im really interested in removing my hob ! :P heheh decreased surface movement and increased aestethic feel and i dont think my hob is actually helping in the c02 diffusion anyway....

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode