5g Nano Planning - Need help - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-05-2005, 04:51 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
5g Nano Planning - Need help

Hey folks, I have been in the hobby for 3 years now, and I've transitioned from tacky plastic driftwood and plants to planted tanks. Now I plan on setting up a 5g planted in addition to my two 10 gallons and two 29 gallons.

My questions was, what would people suggest for stocking in a tank of this size? I haven't had a tank this small besides my 1 gallon betta home and don't know what works and what doesn't. I was thinking of having a single species of fish with cherry and amano shrimp, so they need to be compatible. Mainly what I would like would be the high spot rasboras, pygmy rasboras, a pair of honey gouramies, or something one of you could come up with. Also please tell me if the species I listed would do alright in a tank of this size Thanks for your time,
Nate
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-05-2005, 11:20 PM

What about another betta?

A betta would think they had died and gone to heaven in a 5g planted tank. You could go with something flashy from one of the breeders on Aquabid, or I highly recommend BCBetta.com. You could do a short finned plakat with some sort of cool pattern (marble, multicolor, mettalic), or even one of the wild species.

Owen
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 01:03 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Bettas are something I wouldn't really want to deal with in this tank lol. One of my 10 gallons used to be my betta's home but he had a hard time with the filter and sharing his space with other fish .

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode