glosso as a nano tank algae fighter ? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-02-2005, 03:25 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
glosso as a nano tank algae fighter ?

well i need fast growing plants and java moss aint doing its job (well i think...) so im thinking if glosso would do the job to help balance the tank against algae ???

its fairly small
2.2 galons (8 inch cube)
23 watts lighting
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-02-2005, 10:53 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (32/100%)
Hey Kenneth it might work, what are you goals for this tank? Maybe even float riccia at the top. Its a small tank so just cram it with glosso

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-03-2005, 08:09 AM Thread Starter

im planning to make a amano ish small tank thats looks good hmm glosso on the list then... i like the floating riccia suggestion until the tank balances out... hmm i dont like to place riccia tied to anything in my small tank.... my rams like to rip it apart haha

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-03-2005, 05:46 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (32/100%)
yeah float it...

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-03-2005, 08:53 PM

PTrader: (3/100%)
Well, seeing as how I had tons of algae in my nano 2.5g and I had glosso in there along with petite nana and dwarf hairgrass, I'd say, it wouldn't help. But then again, I dont have as much lighting as you do. That might be the root of the problem. With that much light, from what I've read, it's going to be almost impossible to keep algae from growing.

As a side note, I have an 11watt CF bulb over my 2.5 on for 10hrs. daily. In the beginning I had an outburst of brown algae, a little hair algae that came with the plants, and some green algae (I actually want this algae). It has been a few weeks, and now things are starting to balance out. Mostly all that grows now is green algae. The brown algae has died off a to a huge extent.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-04-2005, 01:09 PM Thread Starter

yeah im thinking the lighitng isa bit overkill too! the c02 will pose a problem at that lighting amount but il give it a shot!

ive taken your advice marc and floated a sizable clump of riccia on the top, hope it battles it out along with the duckweeD!!! go fast growers ! go !

im gonna get my glosso and hemianthus in a few days, more fast growers il update you guys on what happens

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode