nano mega algae :( - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-27-2005, 09:47 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
nano mega algae :(

well i recently started my nano tank right now and its always growing algae !
here are the specs
8inch cube with 23 watts of lighting
gravel substrate with sera floredepot under the gravel
little c02 injection

i dose a little kn03 and trace(sera florena) every sunday

plants are
java moss and an anubias,brazilian micro sword and my fave bacopa monieri :P im still waiting for the glosso to arrive some time next week

the problem is that the algae is growing on the top parts of the tank near the surface

its really hard to maintain a nano do you guys have tips for me ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-27-2005, 11:33 AM

PTrader: (3/100%)
The smaller the tank the harder it is to keep balanced . Its new so algae will come easily , as the tank matures it will get easier.
A "little" kno3 and traces only on Sunday Im sure are not helping. Your moss will like it better in tiny amounts more frequently then once a week on Sunday. Also, CO2 ... is that the diffuser in the corner ? I see no bubble in it...check your ph before and after CO2 to see the effects its having , the ph should change.

Give the tank a little time , manually clean the algae, and add 1mm of traces every other day instead of just once a week and see what happens. Also test your NO3, that should be kept up for the moss. I'll bet there isnt much left there by the end of a week's period.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-27-2005, 11:48 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
yeah thats the diffuser over there, im trying to make the injection as tiny as possible, dont wanna over dose because the tank is small, i will measure my ph and see the diff

should i folow the EI with the nano tank ? i could mix up a new kno3 mix for the small tank, give it its own dosing sched...

im using the EI for my bigger 13 gallon and its doing wonders to my plants there

yeah its really hard to balance the small tank

btw its hard to clean the algae off the moss... and i dont think i could place shrimps in the tank because 2 rams live in the tank ....

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode