my DIY 7g nano tank - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 03:51 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
my DIY 7g nano tank

so im here to share the tank i made myself from scratch. just a few window glass, a glass cutter, and some silicone. hope you guys like it. the total time to make it was around 1 week, 3 days to get the demesions/glass cutting done, and 4 days to do the silicone, as i had to do it 2 times, first time had a leak.

this tank is currently housing cherry shrimps, a panda cory, and a guppy fry

so heres what it looked like before it was siliconed

i was thinking about doing the island scaping but i changed my mind

and heres what it currently looks like
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 10:48 AM
Planted Member

I really like the textured glass background, never seen that done before.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 11:46 AM
Planted Member

i agree the background looks great

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 04:50 PM Thread Starter

thanks, ill keep this updated as the tank matures and the planst grow in more, as im getting some HC cuba in there along with some pellia
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 02:07 AM
Planted Member

I think you might be cramming too many different plants in. You've already got a foreground, either choose between HC, or what you've already got. You might want to change your gravel to something with finer granules(I like Dennerle's Crystal Quatrz and ADA's Aquasoil(even though the granules are bigger, I've never had problems growing anything in it)) if you do go for HC, you'll find it a lot easier to plant and keep it down. You migh also want to work more on the hardscape... More driftwoods, more rocks...
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 02:42 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (20/100%)
wow, you have some serious pearling there!

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 02:42 AM
Are these real?

PTrader: (194/100%)
Looks nice. I would not change the substrate, very natural looking, and in time it will be covered up mostly. I like the driftwood and its placement as well.

Tip for future photos: Remove the thermometer!!!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 04:55 AM Thread Starter

i need to get one of those stick on side or front ones, the ones like the sticker for the thermometer, and thanks for all the input, im planning on using HC to cover up where the other plants cant and hopefully get a...i guess mountain scene in there, with a big field in front of the mountain, i dont know its kind of hard to explain.

i love suggestions on anything so throw them at me. bad or good thanks
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 06:19 AM

PTrader: (7/100%)
This is very asian esque, in terms of plant selections . . . Tonina, moss, APP, and ranunculus if I am not mistaken . . . nice choices. The tank looks too bare though -- and you'll want more, and maybe faster growing plants to help stabilize the set up. Also, your substrate doesn't look like a planting substrate . . . what is it?
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 06:44 AM Thread Starter

its just normal ground gravel haha...i stole it from my aunts house, its about 4mm big and smallest is around 1-2mm but it dose do the job quite well IMO

as for fast growing plants, i dont really like java fern or sunset hygros, i find they take over the tank way too fast, i got some snails in there to help with the algae problem at the same time if i wanted to get some fast growing plants i have hygros ferns etc. in my other planted tank...

greenmiddlefinger when you say my gravel isnt a planting gravel is that a bad thing?? a good thing?? im not sure

and as for the plants most of it is from asian your right. i dont have APP and ranunculus in there but Elatine triandra and Ranalisma rostrata those are the 2 foreground plants.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 08:57 PM
Planted Member

I really like your set up. Can't wait to see more pics!
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 06:00 AM Thread Starter

hey guys well heres wat the tank looks like now, after my bro killed off my lovely plant, but its growing again, and doing great!! enjoy guys

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 07:52 AM
Planted Member

Talking

Looking good, maybe it is time for me to drop by one of these days ..

- Marge
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-26-2005, 11:14 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (90/100%)
Send a message via AIM to A Hill
nice looking tank! i really like the back piece of glass.... also the wood with the algea looks really natural i think... also i like the filter intake idea... how much does it slow the filter down? do you have ne idea? i am thinking about doing something like that for my 10g so i can get some more cherries and not get them eaten by the filter..... debating between moss and a sponge... or moss and a sponge! like moss growing on the sponge!
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-27-2005, 02:09 AM Thread Starter

well since i posted last time the moss grew even more. it slows the water flow just enough i have it on the slowlest flow with the CO2 going into the filter and its the perfect current for my tank. just rite not too fast nor to slow, though i did find 1 cherry baby in there thats all grown up 2 days ago doing water change..1 out of around 15

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode