Aqua Design Amano - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-03-2005, 02:11 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Aqua Design Amano

Where do you guys get your ADA supplies? Is there anyplace on the internet that sells them? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-03-2005, 02:17 AM
Doesn't like Kool-Aid

PTrader: (52/100%)
Look here:

http://www.aquariumdesigngroup.com/

Mike

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-03-2005, 03:52 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (86/100%)
Welcome to PlantedTank.net!,

As posted above, www.aquariumdesigngroup.com has the ADA supplies that you are looking for, but pay attention that you'll be spending quite a bit.

By the way, where in mid-michigan do you live?

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-03-2005, 04:12 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (21/100%)
I don't mind the prices by adg, the ada products they sell here are actually cheaper than some Asian countries.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-03-2005, 02:00 PM
Collectoritis Patient

PTrader: (203/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlehead
I don't mind the prices by adg, the ada products they sell here are actually cheaper than some Asian countries.
That's true. The Senskes are offering the ADA products at very reasonable prices.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-03-2005, 02:23 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlehead

That is so true, but I would rather have an asian country than some dirt or nice lights. :P
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-03-2005, 02:49 PM
Planted Member

Honestly, those prices are insane.

100 bucks for a pair of scissors? Do they cut better then the ones i payed 6 bucks from Drfostersmith.com? lol $280 for a Co2 regulator? Thats more then I payed for my whole Co2 setup with tank. I just dont see how they can stay in business with prices like that. Or why people would pay those prices. but hey, if you got the cash I guess go for it.

I do like the lilly pipes and the tanks are awesome. but for the price ill just stick to my AGA tanks.
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-03-2005, 03:13 PM
Wannabe Guru

Most of their business is actually special order and then they fill in the extra needed to make a shipment worthwhile. I agree, the prices are high, but the quality is untouchable, wholesale cost is high, and shipment from Japan ain't cheap. Given all of the extraneous costs, the prices are actually quite reasonable. Mike and Jeff are doing us all a service by selling the products at the prices they are.

I've seen this stuff first-hand at the '04 AGA conference and have to say that if I had the extra income, I'd get it all. The workmanship is absolutely amazing.

I've never regretted over engineering a system, but often regretted under engineering one.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-03-2005, 04:26 PM
Collectoritis Patient

PTrader: (203/100%)
In Japan hobbiests of any sort go all out at whatever they are into. ADA caters to this demand with great success. I too have seen the ADA products first hand and there's certainly something to be said for a tank setup that looks as nice as the aquascape inside of it.

Oh, and the reason that all the glass ADA stuff is so expensive is because there is no such machine to make anything like that. Each piece is expertly hand blown glass. It's still the only method to manufacture anything like that.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-03-2005, 05:01 PM

Borosilicate

I once designed glass pipes for a school project, and getting them blown by hand in clear glass was very very expensive.

Until I found out about borosilicate glass. This is the material used for lab equipment. The raw material, borosilicate pipe, is more expensive than glass, but blowing and shapping it is a lot cheaper. And borosilicat resiste extreme temperatures well, you can just drop it in boling water to clean it.

Going to a lab supplier instead of an 'art' glass shop saved me more than 60%.

The shape of the lilly pipe should be quite easy to make, and the intake pipe is easy to seal in the end with the nice hemispherical cap, the slits could be expensive.
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-03-2005, 05:29 PM Thread Starter

thanks guys

thanks for the site guys

obviously you dont pay thousands of dollars for a fish tank if it isn't the very best quality; similarly, the expensive prices of the CO2 products speak only of their quality

I'm eventually going to set up a big planted tank with an ADA tank, but first Im going to get a pico tank thats between 1 and 2 gallons. Will most plants grow without CO2 supplementation? (i.e. with only Flourish and and the other 5 flourish ferts--iron, potassium, phosphates, etc.) I plan to have a 20 Watt Coralife Mini PC bulb that screws into a desk lamp. My substrate will be Seachem Flourite. Will this setup grow most plants in a 1-2 gallon tank? How deep should the Flourite bed be? Any tips for a first nanotank?

oh, and jdinh04, I live in saginaw, which is near midland and bay city. I've been to your town several times. Ever been to Saginaw?
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-03-2005, 06:15 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (86/100%)
Saginaw is probably 1-2 hours from me, haven't been to saginaw.
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-03-2005, 06:40 PM
Algae Grower

Send a message via Yahoo to JfromHouston
If you guys are ever in Houston you must stop by ADG. I live about 8 minutes from their office and anytime I want to see just how pitiful my tank/aquascaping is, I just swing by and check out there tanks. It is unlike any aquarium related place I have ever been to. I've been to the shops of just about every aquarium maint. group in Houston and none of them are as well done and classy as ADG. The Houston Zoo doesn't even come close. It's more like an art gallery where the aquariums are the art.

And as you guys have noticed; bring your checkbook....
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-03-2005, 06:52 PM Thread Starter

Are you kidding me!

I went to Houston in April for my cousin's wedding! I didnt know they had an office there! Guess I missed out.
Oh and by the way, Houston is the neatest city I've ever been to. I really enjoyed the Galleria, and we were able to do some shopping since the mall was only a block or two from our hotel. Still, I wish to God I'd known that ADG had an office there! damn
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-03-2005, 07:06 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (32/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmasterofpool
In Japan hobbiests of any sort go all out at whatever they are into.
So very true! I saw this first hand

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode