Filter issues on a tank in the process of being set up - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-17-2012, 03:16 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Filter issues on a tank in the process of being set up

My Zoomed 501 died. I know, everybody is shocked that such a well built piece of machinery would die after only 2 years of service. Well, it did. Here's the issue...

I'm in the process of setting my Fluval Flora back up. I had the 501 running for over a week so I went to the fish store, bought a couple male endlers and some water wisteria. That was yesterday. Last night, well, the 501 will be missed.

My response was to quickly order an Eheim 2213. The issue is, it's not expected to be here until 9/25.

So, now I have 2 fish, some plants, 2 snails, and no filter and no flow.

I can add some flow if need be with a very small power head I happen to have...or a lot of flow with a large Eheim pump I used to use on my reef tank (probably a bad plan).

Will the endlers, both of them, be fine with the wisteria taking up their nutrients without a filter? Will the flow help or is it just a waste of my time to plug in my tiny little power head?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-17-2012, 03:19 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (19/100%)
Get that small powerhead in there to create a little current and to be on the safe side, I would do a big water change each day until your new filter arrives.

Edit:
Anyway you have an extra HOB lying around that you can throw on the back for a few days?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Who would have thought that plants like dirt?!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-17-2012, 03:31 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

I do have an HOB...but, I also have a pug that finds drinking out of the tank fun. So, the lid is mandatory so the HOB is out of the question.

I wish the little power head had enough umph to push water through the Zoomed cannister...but, it doesn't and I really don't want to buy a temp filter.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-17-2012, 12:12 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
I just threw away my little sub filter. Youre in wa too.. Wish i seen this earlier.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-17-2012, 01:37 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Crazy idea...I think I still have the original filter from the Flora kit...if I can find it, I'll just use that. Sometimes I wish I could think of the simple solution first.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode