Someone get this and do something amazing - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-07-2012, 05:51 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)
Someone get this and do something amazing

Looks like a giant pain to work with, but could look amazing.
http://www.save-on-crafts.com/centipede.html

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-07-2012, 06:31 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
That's neat. How big are the orbs?

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G

40B - Shrimp tank

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~~~
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-07-2012, 06:48 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyTR View Post
That's neat. How big are the orbs?

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G

The largest version bulbs are only 3" dia. Pity--if it were even just 5" I'd snap one up and try it as a shrimp habitat.

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-07-2012, 07:41 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (71/100%)
That is soo beautiful! I agree with knotyoureality, be bigger in diameter would be a neat shrimp habitat
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-07-2012, 07:45 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (53/98%)
That's really pretty! How cool would it be to stuff little wads of different kinds of mosses into each orb and fill with water as a centerpiece?
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-07-2012, 08:26 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)
Man HighDesert I never thought of that, now to convince the fiancee that that would look good.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-07-2012, 08:49 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (7/100%)
I think it would look cool suspended on the top half of a nano tank filled with mosses.
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-07-2012, 08:53 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (18/100%)
Looks interesting, I'm curious to see what someone comes up with.
Would hate to clean algae out of it though.

[50g][
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
][
][
][
][
][
][
][
][3g][2.1g] - [
] [
][
]
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-07-2012, 09:09 PM
Planted Tank Guru

On a side note this would make for a super sick shallow nano on a bookshelf powered by LED strip lights. Water volume is 2.8 gallons.

http://www.save-on-crafts.com/la.html

post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-07-2012, 09:38 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gus6464 View Post
On a side note this would make for a super sick shallow nano on a bookshelf powered by LED strip lights. Water volume is 2.8 gallons.

This would be cool for a wabi kusa setup IMO. I'm inspired. Gotta check out my local arts and crafts store for more creative setups.

CURRENT:
, 75 gal Cichlid Tank
CLUBS:
,***Nikon Pimp #062***
RETIRED:

Owner/Creator of Plantednanotanks.com

post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 12:48 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (44/100%)
Ugh. Stop making me buy stuff I have no room for

current:

| retired:

|
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 12:56 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (23/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gus6464 View Post

I second the WK comment on this. That's a pretty awesome piece of glassware...beveled edges too? Shazam. That's the future of WK right there...panoramic WK.

post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 01:42 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (18/100%)
how much water do you think that sphere contraption holds? if it holds a few gallons, that could be a very interesting betta home. the fish could swim into each of those spheres since bettas are always very curious. provided the tubes are large enough for a betta to swim through...

shrimp would work too if its total volume is big enough.

although then comes the question of being a permanent home for the betta...bettas could live in that for a while, but in the winter would probably be best to move the fish into a heated, filtered tank...
plus how on earth do you remove fish or shrimp from that thing? the holes are prob tiny. I can see how a fish can go in, but coming out wont be so pretty =S

post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 02:07 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

It comes out to approximately half a gallon. Each sphere is 3 inches diameter, which comes out to about 14.1 cubic inches per sphere. I rounded to 14.5 because of the little passages between the spheres. 14.5 x 8 spheres = 116 cubic inches, there are 231 cubic inches in a US gallon.

When I can no more stir my soul to move, and life is but the ashes of a fire
When I can but remember that my heart once used to live and love, long and aspire
Oh, be thou then the first, the one thou art, be thou the calling, before all answering love
And in me wake hope, fear, boundless desire.
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 04:15 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via Skype™ to ValMM
I would put sand in each orb with some sea shells or little statues.

My roommate says I'll die by giant turtle.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode