door price shrimp pico tank build. - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012, 04:52 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
door price shrimp pico tank build.

on the request of chrislewistx, that I should make a journal here is my journal.

I recently had my 10g planted tank crash, let me give everyone here some advice don't use a rod iron stand as a get up out of bed when your doctor is trying you on a new bed and you don't have the streach to get out to call for help. well I have at the tank go crashing wasn't able to save the fish or plants.

well today I was at the aug. meeting of dfwapc, and guest what it was on shrimp, and I always wanted to try shrimp. well I had no clue but there was door prices.

one was brought by texgal. a jbj pico with light,heater,and filter. guess who won it. this one is going to be on my desk away from the bed and be very careful when next to my lap top.

here is my 3 gallon JBJ pico build.

my plan is to have a mini riccia carpet, with blyax japanica as mid ground, and some type of colorful stem as back ground thinking rotella..

hard scape will be a piece of driftwood I have just got to cut it down a little bit, and figure a way to keep it from floating.

lighting is a the lighting that came with the jbj tank. stock 13w power compact light

filter I think is also not sure, drinda what was used on this tank??? ??

substrate will be seasoned ada (will I still get an amonia spike?) might mix some seachem florite substrate in it too. from crowman(mike)

fish/inverts. planing for some cherry shrimp :shock:

ferts liquid. just don't use seachem florish because of the copper. what ferts do I use?

photos I will have as soon as I can take them and setup.. still need to find netting for the riccia carpet, and some rotella.

Thanks, Joey. tanks-CUBE of different sizes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012, 04:56 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (12/100%)
Sad to hear about the 10g. Hope this goes well and can't wait for pics!

The Fraternity of Dirt #97Just because its dirt doesn't make it low tech

Emersed tUB clUB #17
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012, 07:14 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Thanks, I was able to get the back painted, now later on after some rest I just got to set it up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-22-2012, 04:44 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

does any one know if the stock 13w bulb/light fixture if it would grown dwarf hair grass or would a 13w or 26w compact spiral hung vertical be better?

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode