Fish tank help! - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-13-2012, 06:17 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Fish tank help!

Do anybody know any fish tank kits that comes with a gravel or substrate? The ones I know are Fluval Ebi and Fluval Flora. I heard the filter is noisy and I plan on putting the tank in my room. I don't want a huge tank also, nothing more than 10 gallons. Any help would be appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-13-2012, 06:42 PM
Planted Member

It's unusual for tank kits to come with gravel/substrate. Only other ones I know of are the super cheapo kits for bettas that are dinky and come with a handful of gravel.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-13-2012, 06:54 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemminnifener View Post
It's unusual for tank kits to come with gravel/substrate. Only other ones I know of are the super cheapo kits for bettas that are dinky and come with a handful of gravel.
is the Fluval ebi a good tank though?

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-13-2012, 07:03 PM
Planted Member

I don't recall bad reviews of the tank. The only thing that comes to mind is that the background tends to detach from the back once the tank is filled with water and float on the surface. I believe many people will detach the background on purpose. Haven't heard anything about the filter being noisy but I haven't been actively searching for reviews on the Fluval Ebi/Flora. Out of the two, I've heard that it's better to go with the Ebi since the C02 kit that comes with the Flora is a waste.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-13-2012, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemminnifener View Post
I don't recall bad reviews of the tank. The only thing that comes to mind is that the background tends to detach from the back once the tank is filled with water and float on the surface. I believe many people will detach the background on purpose. Haven't heard anything about the filter being noisy but I haven't been actively searching for reviews on the Fluval Ebi/Flora. Out of the two, I've heard that it's better to go with the Ebi since the C02 kit that comes with the Flora is a waste.
ok. do you have a fluval ebi yourself?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-13-2012, 07:38 PM
Planted Member

Nope, I don't.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-13-2012, 07:55 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

question... why does the kit have to have gravel or substrate included? You can always get the substrate seperately, even the fluval stuff...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-13-2012, 08:13 PM
Algae Grower

Just wondering that. If you're on a really tight budget there's always the option of playsand and some effort to rinse it.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-13-2012, 10:06 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

doesn't it tend to be more expensive though then getting one that comes with everything?

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode