MultiTankMusings -- Low Tech Newbie Pre-Planning
Confession: I have multiple tank syndrome before the first one has finished cycling.
I -- Chibi (this means "little" in Japanese) aka "baby bare"
*$5 from Craigslist had a mouse in it before
* washed with Dawn bleached and soaked with vinegar and baking soda rinsed 6 times soaked overnight with water and dechlor
*2.5 standard bare 2 marimo moss balls unfiltered as plant quarantine for now
*Have purchased a hood with light ( en route ) and a Hagen internal mini filter ( just arrived )
*has a screen top that screws on, but I will probably give that away via Craigslist
II -- GoTenGo (this means "5.5" in Japanese) aka "mama bare"
*$5 on CL the guy selling the 2.5 dropped it from $7 bc I bought 2
*5.5 standard it smelled of reptile so I washed in with Dawn soaked it in bleach then vinegar/baking soda rinsed it 3times need to rinse it some more
*need to soak in water and dechlor
* terrified that I won't rinse it enough and that one of my bettagirls will die bc of this, so sometimes fantasize about buying a new 5 gal kit
* need a filter and a heater (heater after October)
III -- Spec V (Gah! So pretty I blew my budget on it! It was on sale for $75!)
* have been cycling, params look good but need to be better about testing regularly
* feel intimidated by this tank bc it is so gorgeous. Performance anxiety.
IV-- DaiSuki (it's a pun -- dai means "big" or "a lot" and it's my biggest tank, "dai suki" means "I like something a lot") aka "papa bare"
* with filter, lighted hood and stand with a canister of tropical crisps $30 on CL
* unfortunately a lot of mineralization -- previous inhabitants were cyclids upgraded to seller's new bigger tank
* might sell to a friend who has cyclids for $25 including stand, and all. He doesn't mind mineralization
*was a total impulse buy. Geez. Need to not shop when blood sugar is low.