What kind of nano tank do you think is the best? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 11:13 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (28/100%)
What kind of nano tank do you think is the best?

What tank kits or just plain tanks do you prefer to buy for your nano aquariums? I've seen that lots of people use amano's tanks. They also talk about fluvals. It seems like these tanks are way overpriced, and would be easy and cheap to build myself... What do you nano pros say? I'm thinking about building myself one for my desk.

RAOK Club #38
Fraternity of Dirt #91

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012, 01:54 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
Depends on what your goals are and of course your budget. Bad ass scape for competiton, start with an ADA tank. Something to pass time and just starting? Fluval spec.

CURRENT:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, 75 gal Cichlid Tank
CLUBS:
,***Nikon Pimp #062***
RETIRED:

Owner/Creator of Plantednanotanks.com

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012, 02:29 AM
Obsessed? Maybe

PTrader: (487/100%)
Any sort of low iron, high clarity glass is tops in my book. ADA, Mr. Aqua, et al.

I have everything you can imagine. Random Chinese tanks, random tanks from Taiwan, GLA, Mr. Aqua, ADA, Do Aqua, JBJ, Deep Blue Professional, Fluval and others. I love them all.

But if you're going for something small on your desk and aren't a fan of spending $75-$80? Go with a standard All Glass/Aqueon or one of the Deep Blue Professional tanks that are originally meant for Bettas.

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012, 04:06 AM
SCAPEr

PTrader: (2/100%)
Standard 10 gallon for 10 dollar

|

|
|

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012, 11:30 AM
Algae Grower

I'm about to start my first planted tank and I bought a Fluval EBI.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012, 11:54 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)
My favorite nano tank is my cheap PetCo brand 6.6 gallon.
Absolute favorite tank..

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012, 01:02 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (44/100%)
Depends what's on sale

current:

| retired:

|
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012, 01:41 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (61/100%)
ADA 30C
a <8 gal cube of high-quality glass.

My Tanks:

-
-
-
-
-

Eheim Pimp #296
Canon Pimp #67
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012, 02:39 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (23/100%)
I love my ADA Mini M...can't say much about other tanks though. No experience with them. The Mini M is a winner for me, though.

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012, 02:50 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (18/100%)
Don't buy a kit. Nearly everyone who buys a kit, ends up changing the lighting and filter anyways.
Unless you're getting an exceptional deal, my 2 cents, buy everything separate and plan it right.
For the price/quality, Mr. Aqua makes a nice line of rimless tanks.

[50g][
][
][
][
][
][
][
][
][3g][2.1g] - [
] [
][
]
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012, 02:58 PM
Wannabe Guru

I have a starfire 30x30x30cm rimless cube, made in China, a knock-off ADA replica and I love it. Anything with square dimensions gives you tons of options for scaping and looks good from all sides. I say go with a rimless cube, of your choice, for your nano.

Eheim Pimp Club,# 496

7g cube, 12g long
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012, 03:04 PM
ony
Planted Member

I like my fluval ebi. Picked it up at 50 new and traded off the bits I didn't like/want. I couldn't find a cheaper way to set up an equivalent nano.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode