TBM's Planted 2gal Fluval Spec "Jungle Ruin Palace" - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-22-2012, 04:10 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
TBM's Planted 2gal Fluval Spec "Jungle Ruin Palace"

Hello,

I've been working on a planted Fluval Spec inspired by one of my favorite fables, Rudyard Kipling's The Jungle Book. Thought I'd post a few pics on the progression of my tank for my fellow planted tank enthusiasts. Here is how it's looking so far.

-TBM

More @ http://thebettamaster.blogspot.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P6.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	52958  

Name:	IMG_5499.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	106.1 KB
ID:	52959  

Name:	IMG_5602.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	52960  

Attached Images

Last edited by TheBettaMaster; 08-25-2012 at 04:44 AM. Reason: added pix
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-22-2012, 04:26 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (18/100%)
looks great!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-22-2012, 06:39 AM
Algae Grower

I want to know... just how did you do that with the stock light? Mine faded terribly after a couple months. Absolutely beautiful scape =)

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-22-2012, 11:22 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (4/100%)
Are you running any sort of C02? Looks great!

~B

~
~
~
~
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-22-2012, 01:02 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Thanks for the compliments. There is currently no CO2 running in the tank, but that may change eventually. The stock light has been running for bit over a month but I may be looking for an upgrade soon. The tank is placed right in front of a window, so there is natural sunlight supplementing the LED light. Most of the plants from this tank I put in from a larger planted tank that's growing out of control.

Last edited by TheBettaMaster; 07-22-2012 at 01:16 PM. Reason: addition of info
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-22-2012, 02:15 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

What kind of substrate are you using?

~B

~
~
~
~
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-22-2012, 02:26 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (3/100%)
Very impressive, love these tiny tanks but can tell they're highly addictive. I still have a "want" list for my first 10G tank.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-22-2012, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Currently using leftover Malaya Aqua Soil in this tank. It's a blend of the normal type and powder type versions. Basil, what is the name of that plant in your profile pic? I'd like to add it to this tank.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-22-2012, 03:32 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

It's a Banana Plant.

~B

~
~
~
~
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-23-2012, 04:44 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Wink

http://youtu.be/k4YxHTNI6Po

Short youtube video of this tank in link above.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-23-2012, 06:54 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (1/100%)
Beautiful!

10g Planted Community Tank| Otocinclus, Red Cherry Shrimp, Tiger Nerite Snail, Assassin Snail, MTS
5.5g Planted Tank | Betta
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-23-2012, 07:06 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Nice tank. Always nice to use cuttings from another tank and make it look right.

CURRENT:
, 75 gal Cichlid Tank
CLUBS:
,***Nikon Pimp #062***
RETIRED:

Owner/Creator of Plantednanotanks.com

post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-23-2012, 07:14 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (8/100%)
Very nice! I really like the contrast the red plant in the back gives.

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 02:47 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borikuan View Post
Very nice! I really like the contrast the red plant in the back gives.
Thanks... I pressed moss against the back wall with a black mesh hoping to grow out a moss wall, but having 2nd thoughts about it because I'm starting to like the contrast on the black.... Decisions, decisions...
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012, 01:48 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (44/100%)
I don't think the red stems will stay red under the stock light :/

current:

| retired:

|

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode