atomicjade's Fluval Spec 2g - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-21-2012, 10:55 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
atomicjade's Fluval Spec 2g

Hey guys! This is my first real planted tank, it houses my Crowntail Betta "Epic" and some snails that appeared to have hitchhiked their way in. I've had it for about three months now and plants for around two... I started off with the stock LED lamp and it didn't take long to dull and my plants to look poorly. I replaced it with a Finnex clamp light 26w which is simply beautiful. However a bit too much for my 2g so I am kindly donating it to my boyfriend for his pico reef, and I now have a Finnex LED clamp on the way with less wattage. I never had experienced a tank with moonlights before... Amazing!

Substrate is black beauty sand (or iron slag), I collected all pieces of rock or driftwood personally. Plants include green foxtail, italian vals, and a giant moss ball. I do have a problem with algae... particularly the hairy variety. My pH is slightly acidic at 6.4. I only have a few small snails, would maybe some nerites be beneficial? Shrimps of any sorts?

This is what its looking like these days, will update once I get the new light in!

PS, any "aquascaping" suggestions are welcomed... equipment recommendations as well, I have been wanting to include co2 but am not sure how to go about doing so for such a small volume. Ultimately I would like my foxtails to bush out, they lost a bit of their leaves after being shipped and then further subjected to the weak base light. Thanks in advance !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-21-2012, 11:23 PM
Prodigious Plant Pundit

PTrader: (44/100%)
Nice photography and tank.

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." -- Steve Jobs

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-22-2012, 06:34 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Thank you! I redid my scape today... so far it is my favorite yet. I switched out the Finnex light and just put a 13w 6500k compact fluorescent in a lamp I already had.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-22-2012, 11:38 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (4/100%)
Are you going to attempt C02 on your Spec?

~B

~
~
~
~
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-22-2012, 08:35 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basil View Post
Are you going to attempt C02 on your Spec?
I was wanting to. I was either going to attempt the paintball cylinder diy or try and find a nano sized kit. I honestly do not know much about it, but I've been reading a lot to familiarize myself. Any tips for injecting co2 in a tank this small is certainly appreciated.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-23-2012, 03:27 AM
Algae Grower

I love your tank! The simplicity is great!

2.5 Gal Low Tech Planted Betta Paradise (A work in progress!)
Canon Pimp Club #052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Complexity View Post
But not to worry. I have H2O2 and know how to use it!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-23-2012, 09:10 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Great nano. Your photos look professional. Did you "stage" your setting or is that the actual area the aquarium is residing. You make me shameful of my photography and my ghetto backdrops....lol.

CURRENT:
, 75 gal Cichlid Tank
CLUBS:
,***Nikon Pimp #062***
RETIRED:

Owner/Creator of Plantednanotanks.com

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-23-2012, 11:17 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Thank you both for the kind comments, that actually is where the aquarium stays... It's my kitchen table lol.

Btw, how would one go about joining the "Nikon Pimphood"?
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-23-2012, 11:39 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (4/100%)
Simply head to their thread in my signature and tell them what you shoot with. I have a D40.

~B

~
~
~
~

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode