Plantednanotanks.com (UPDATED 8/29/12: FREE eBook) - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-08-2012, 11:02 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
Plantednanotanks.com (UPDATED 8/29/12: FREE eBook)

I'm not sure if this thread is appropriate or not but going to post here anyways. If the moderators feel this is inappropriate, then by all means delete it and please forgive me.

I am working on my website dedicated to planted nano tanks. Plantednanotanks.com was born out of my recent re-obssession of planted tanks. I loved planted tanks 10 years ago and the fire has recently been rekindled. The nano scence seems to be growing in popularity and snagged my interest immediately. Anyways, I am looking for input from hobbyists like me on what my site should look like or contain. I would appreciate all the suggestions and constructive criticism I can get. I'm aiming at getting the begining hobbyist involved, trying to be as informative as I can yet keeping it relatively simple (if at all possible). Reading forums are cool but can sometimes be a hassale when looking through multiple threads, some being outdated, and sifting through some nonsensical posts. So, easy navigation of my site is a priority of mine. I am working on cataloging tips, ideas, pics, videos, etc., that are readily available on the web. I have also been working on my photography, videography, and editing skills in the process. I have had a great time starting and hope to continue with some added support.

I would also love if hobbyists could PM me high quality photos or links to youtube videos of their planted nano tanks and give me the permisssion to use the photos/videos for my site.

Last edited by CryptKeeper54; 08-30-2012 at 09:53 AM. Reason: updated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-08-2012, 11:50 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (1/100%)
This is great, I bookmarked it already. It would be cool if you could include a 'news' section; the latest greatest tools/tech, new plant species etc..
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-09-2012, 12:00 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (3/100%)
This.is.awesome!

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-09-2012, 12:02 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DishyFishy View Post
This is great, I bookmarked it already. It would be cool if you could include a 'news' section; the latest greatest tools/tech, new plant species etc..
Great idea. Thanks DishyFishy... you're officially my 1st bonafied viewer. I was planning to do a feature on the new fluval spec 5 but can't find it on sale online anywhere. Living in Hawaii limits my options as well, as far as obtaining specific plants and livestock (e.g. nerite snails are illegal in Hawaii). I'll do my best in providing people what they want to see and hear. I hope this thread grows.

CURRENT:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, 75 gal Cichlid Tank
CLUBS:
,***Nikon Pimp #062***
RETIRED:

Owner/Creator of Plantednanotanks.com

post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-09-2012, 12:16 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (1/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CryptKeeper54 View Post
(e.g. nerite snails are illegal in Hawaii).
Really? Even if you plan to keep them in an enclosed aquarium? If I lived there, I would probably be ignorant of the law and get thrown in jail for shipping around all sorts of banned fauna and flora lol.
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-09-2012, 12:31 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (44/100%)
I don't think all nerite sp are illegal. I know people collect the black marine ones to keep with opae...

current:

| retired:

|
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-09-2012, 01:56 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenxes View Post
I don't think all nerite sp are illegal. I know people collect the black marine ones to keep with opae...
I had a talk with Jojo (owner of Aquascapes LLC) aka. manini on this forum regarding this. The black marine ones require some time to convert from saltwater to freshwater. Apparently the process is slow and only a few people on island actually do it for trade.

CURRENT:
, 75 gal Cichlid Tank
CLUBS:
,***Nikon Pimp #062***
RETIRED:

post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-09-2012, 02:02 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (4/100%)
Send a message via AIM to Pooky125 Send a message via MSN to Pooky125 Send a message via Yahoo to Pooky125 Send a message via Skype™ to Pooky125
I wrote a long review of my take on the Aqueon Evolve 8 in my journal. You're welcome to use the information and images, as long as you cite me as the source.

post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-09-2012, 03:12 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooky125 View Post
I wrote a long review of my take on the Aqueon Evolve 8 in my journal. You're welcome to use the information and images, as long as you cite me as the source.
Awesome. Exactly the kind of content I want on my site. Your tank looks great. Sometimes, great tanks aren't seen by the general public because they're buried in pages upon pages in forums and can get easily overlooked. I hope to change that a bit by making my site engaging and easy to navigate. Thanks for your help.

CURRENT:
, 75 gal Cichlid Tank
CLUBS:
,***Nikon Pimp #062***
RETIRED:

post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-09-2012, 04:54 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (44/100%)
You should review some of the more offbeat ones, I know Tetra has a few cheap plastic ones, but their new 3g doesn't look bad.

Fluval has the new Spec V (which you're going to do) and the View (which looks like cheap plastic to me)

What else... on yeah Finnex! And Mr. Aqua the smaller ones (not kits though).

Is manini still around? I want to get more opae... only shrimp I managed to kill (SS mesh + salt water = bad idea)... conflicted.

current:

| retired:

|
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-09-2012, 05:32 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenxes View Post
You should review some of the more offbeat ones, I know Tetra has a few cheap plastic ones, but their new 3g doesn't look bad.

Fluval has the new Spec V (which you're going to do) and the View (which looks like cheap plastic to me)

What else... on yeah Finnex! And Mr. Aqua the smaller ones (not kits though).

Is manini still around? I want to get more opae... only shrimp I managed to kill (SS mesh + salt water = bad idea)... conflicted.
I will do my best to review as much as I can, including off the beaten path tanks.... problem is I want to own the tanks that I review. I already set aside some cash for a fluval 6 edge I will setup and give to a friend. I plan on making journals and videos of future tanks I set up. I'll try to compile reviews on the web and give my educated take on things.

Manini is probably very busy with his shop is my guess.

Thanks for the input.

CURRENT:
, 75 gal Cichlid Tank
CLUBS:
,***Nikon Pimp #062***
RETIRED:

post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-09-2012, 05:17 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (4/100%)
Send a message via AIM to Pooky125 Send a message via MSN to Pooky125 Send a message via Yahoo to Pooky125 Send a message via Skype™ to Pooky125
Quote:
Originally Posted by CryptKeeper54 View Post
Awesome. Exactly the kind of content I want on my site. Your tank looks great. Sometimes, great tanks aren't seen by the general public because they're buried in pages upon pages in forums and can get easily overlooked. I hope to change that a bit by making my site engaging and easy to navigate. Thanks for your help.
Thank you! It's like, the easiest to care for tank ever. In the 7 months it's been setup, I've never even had to scrub algae off the walls. It DOES need to be thinned out a bit more though. I keep meaning to take new pictures but the timer goes off before the sun sets. *doh!*

post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-09-2012, 06:53 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (14/100%)
Looks like an interesting site just by looking at the front page. Good job.

-Mike
Mini-M Journal:

Mini-M Journal 2:
post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-09-2012, 09:39 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioman View Post
Looks like an interesting site just by looking at the front page. Good job.
Thanks. Always motivating when fellow hobbyists provide positive comments. Again, this thread is intended to help guide me in providing a legit site on planted nano tanks.

CURRENT:
, 75 gal Cichlid Tank
CLUBS:
,***Nikon Pimp #062***
RETIRED:

post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 07:53 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooky125 View Post
Officialy posted to plantednanotanks.com. Thanks Pooky125.

CURRENT:
, 75 gal Cichlid Tank
CLUBS:
,***Nikon Pimp #062***
RETIRED:

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode