10 gallon with brichardi - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-02-2005, 06:10 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (1/100%)
10 gallon with brichardi

i have a 10 gallon tank that currently houses 2 large brichardi and 6-12 babies. I would like to sell these to the pet store, and possibly trade them in for some other fish, black gravel/sand, and plants. First of all, how much do you think i could make off of them? y=there are about this big each. __________ , and the big ones are about this big. ____________________________ . My two other questions are whatm fish could I propably but in there.... Would a blue ram work? Then maybe some corys and tetras? And my last question is how much do you think It would cost total for all the plants and the fish, and should I get black sand or black rocks?

Thank you, neoman
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-02-2005, 06:21 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
Send a message via AIM to Oqsy Send a message via MSN to Oqsy Send a message via Yahoo to Oqsy
well, on my friend's pda, your fry would be unsellable... on my tv output to flatscreen TV, they're ENORMOUS! perhaps measurements instead of underscores would be an easier method of sizing

Eheim Pimp #171

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
; Eheim 2217, TurboTwist UVS, Seachem Onyx / Black T-grade ColorQuartz, 2x55w AHS CF, BeverageFactory.com CO2 Regulator with Clippard accessories

"If you ask me, you've got too much imagination. Everything's all loop-de-loops and flibbertigibbets." - Hank Hill
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-02-2005, 06:29 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

ok the big ones are probably about 3" and the smallest baby is about 1/2 in. The biggest is probably just over an inch.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-03-2005, 05:13 AM

LOL.....

on *my* screen, they're over a foot long! LOL......

If it's the brichardi I think you're talking about, the LFSs in this area would take them for a little over a buck. But then again, I live in a very fish-friendly breeding area so there's no shortage of them here.

Your choice of fish would work.

And as for black sand or rocks, it's easier to vaccuum gravel than sand.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-04-2005, 03:12 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Well, now, I think i will have a 20 gallon instead of a ten. I bought a red devil and put him there, but Ive found hes been getting too big. But, i am thinking of adding 2 blue rams instead of one, 1-3 gouramis, and some harlequin rasboras. Are these good? Also, i made a list of plants to order on liveaquaria. My list is currently one of each: Dwarf Hairgrass, whater sprite, cabomba, green myrio, anacharis, and a plant that I think is called a narrow leaf temple. Does this sound good? And what type of things should I put in it? I dont want to spend a whole lot of money on a CO2 system and stuf, would the little bottles of stuff for growing plants work, or just some pure laterite?

Thank you all,
Neo
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-04-2005, 03:37 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

And i got some good news. I found that in my 30 gallon tank my amazon sword had fragged and I found another little sword. Once I get the red devil out of the 20g, ill put the sword frag in there. I also might buy some hornwort at my lfs.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-05-2005, 10:29 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Thumbs down

BUMP

I would like it if some people would reply! Thank you! Soory I really dont like it when i start a thread and it just keeps getting left behind in the dust. PLease reply. . Anyways, I went down to the local lake today and i found some really nice driftwood. I put it in my tank and i am waiting for it to get waterlogged. im just trying to keep it underwater right now, i had to weigh it down to keep it in the rocks. Ill get some pics up soon. Ive been pretty busy, so I wont be able to get the reddevil back to the lfs until next week. Ive been thinking about getting some kribs instead of rams. Which type do you think I should keep?

Thanks again,
Neoman :
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-19-2005, 07:45 PM
Got wood???

PTrader: (208/100%)
If at all possible, boil the driftwood you got to avoid algae and bacteria outbreaks in your tank. If its too big to boil, you may want to try pouring the boiling water over it after you have scraped it off.

Also a good pressure washing never hurt to help get the wood cleaned up.

Good luck.
Jake

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode