2.5 gallon mixed carpet fun - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-07-2012, 04:37 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (9/100%)
2.5 gallon mixed carpet fun

After lots of patience and a trimming I really like the way this tank turned out. This is my first attempt at a planted nano tank and a mixed carpet.Let me know what you think.

Plants: Glosso,pearlgrass,giant baby tears,Hydrocotyle sp.japan,Taiwan moss,stargrass,Rotala sp. bonsai,hygro something,crypt something, and a few tiny bits of Hc

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-07-2012, 04:39 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (10/100%)
looks cool, but a nightmare to maintain!
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-10-2012, 10:06 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philemon716 View Post
looks cool, but a nightmare to maintain!
Thanks I do have to trim frequently. But, other than that just weekly water changes. So not as bad as you might think

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-10-2012, 10:13 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (12/100%)
Well lots of trimmings equals lots of profits I wouldn't consider it much of a bad thing.

The Fraternity of Dirt #97Just because its dirt doesn't make it low tech

Emersed tUB clUB #17
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-10-2012, 10:19 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FisheriesOmen View Post
Well lots of trimmings equals lots of profits I wouldn't consider it much of a bad thing.
Believe it or not I haven't sold any trimmings from either one of m tanks. I am going to have to though. For one throwing them out feels like such a waste it's almost painful. And two I'm starting a new 40breeder that is sucking up more cash than I expected.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-11-2012, 12:34 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (18/100%)
Awesome tank, running any co2?
Also, next time you snip, give a fellow Floridian a shout.

[50g][
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
][
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
][
][
][
][
][
][
][3g][2.1g] - [
] [
][
]
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-11-2012, 05:21 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitFUUL View Post
Awesome tank, running any co2?
Also, next time you snip, give a fellow Floridian a shout.
Thanks. No co2 this tank is pretty "low tech". No filter just heat,water changes,ferts,excel and an 18watt t12. I somehow managed to find a really good balance in this tank without much effort. And as far as the plants go PM me which you're interested in. I have most of them in my 20gallon as well so I probably have plenty of whatever you need.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-11-2012, 03:40 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
So this tank is basically for just growing plants?
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-11-2012, 03:57 PM
The Weather's Here

PTrader: (41/100%)
Nice job. How long has the tank been setup? What type of substrate are you using?

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-11-2012, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMYukonon24s View Post
So this tank is basically for just growing plants?
I actually just put 6 Barboides gracilis in and they seem happy. I may start running an airstone at night to make sure there's enough oxygen

Quote:
Originally Posted by toofazt View Post
Nice job. How long has the tank been setup? What type of substrate are you using?
It's been running a little over 4 months and it's topsoil capped with caribsea black sand
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-12-2012, 04:08 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (12/100%)
I think with all those plants in there, there is plenty of gas exchange going on.

The Fraternity of Dirt #97Just because its dirt doesn't make it low tech

Emersed tUB clUB #17
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-16-2012, 03:20 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (23/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ophiophagus View Post
I actually just put 6 Barboides gracilis in and they seem happy. I may start running an airstone at night to make sure there's enough oxygen

It's been running a little over 4 months and it's topsoil capped with caribsea black sand
Would love to see some pictures of the Barboides! How are they? Do they school well? I'm looking for some nano fish and these are one of them. Would love to see how they are!
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-16-2012, 03:55 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Appleton View Post
Would love to see some pictures of the Barboides! How are they? Do they school well? I'm looking for some nano fish and these are one of them. Would love to see how they are!
Turns out that's the wrong id on them. They look very similar but they are some other fish I can't seem to Id. I'm sure they are closely related. I'll try to get a picture but I actually just put them in my twenty gallon. I can say whatever they are they seemed to stick together in this tank and they were very placid. Didn't swim constantly mostly just hung around in a group.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-16-2012, 04:38 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (3/100%)
Pretty little nano!

--

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode