best way to get diy co2 into a nano tank - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-03-2012, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (3/100%)
best way to get diy co2 into a nano tank

hey guys, was wondering what they best way to get diy co2 into your tank is?

i would like to dose excel but half my tank is pellia which the lil shrimp love to hide in so i guess i gotta go with the yeastie beasties!

are you a sink or source?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-03-2012, 06:10 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
"what they best way to get diy co2 into your tank?"

Nano, then use the PaintBall system. Look in the DIY section for more directions.

The Fraternity of Dirt #26
Just because its dirt doesn't make it low Tech
75 Dirted

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-03-2012, 06:58 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
A lot of people use a cut piece of a chopstick for yeast DIY, or if you use a 2nd bottle to filter the buildup from the tank, you can use a diffuser and it wont clog. If you are using paintball Co2, diffuser all the way. I have kept coming back to fluvals diffuser because the bubbles are very tiny and the ceramic plate can be changed if necessary. My fluval diffuser has been through yeast Co2 for 4 months, then my 5lb cylinder w/ regulator, and now a mini system for my nano.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-03-2012, 07:04 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (8/100%)
I tried diy co2 and never was a fan of it. Too inconsistent and I find that leaks happen too easily. I just made my own paintball co2 setup for super cheap being that I use to play. It lasts a very long time and its simple to use. Definitely worth the extra couple of bucks. I also think its faster to put together than a diy co2 rig with all of the caulking.

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-03-2012, 07:15 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (61/100%)
the best way to get CO2 into a tank is with a diffuser such as the ceramic diffusers or the new atom diffusers (i hear they make better, finer bubbles), but both require a certain pressure to force the CO2 through. i found that i couldnt realistically use DIY CO2 with a ceramic diffuser, as it took 5 days for the pressure to build up high enough, and then it only worked for another 4 days before the pressure dropped too low.
i would work the CO2 into the filter's impeller, as i know that has worked pretty well for some people, while saving up for pressurized.

My Tanks:

-
-
-
-
-

Eheim Pimp #296
Canon Pimp #67
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-03-2012, 07:25 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (3/100%)
so what is the best method of diffusion in a nano tank with a paint ball system?

are you a sink or source?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-03-2012, 08:40 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (8/100%)
A small glass diffuser

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-03-2012, 09:27 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (14/100%)
Run it into your filter inlet or a nano glass diffuser.

-Mike
Mini-M Journal:

Mini-M Journal 2:
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-04-2012, 04:07 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
diffuser because the paintball setup has a consistently high pressure that the diffusers need. When I used the diffuser with my yeast set up it was on a 55 gallon and I was running 4 liters of yeast mix constantly... no way to regulate that tho.. do the paintball and yes a diffuser, stay away from the knockoff diffusers tho, I have had bad experiences where the Co2 prefers to come out at the edge around the ceramic disc rather than through it and the bubbles arent as fine as I wanted. I have heard really good things about the atom diffusers, but the are not nearly as elegant as a glass diffuser in a nano...

|
|

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode