Fluval Flora - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-11-2012, 09:36 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Fluval Flora

Hi Guys

Was gonna close my spec in favour of my new flora on the 27th when the wife was away but she knows about the tank now so no time like the present.

I will be using stock filter with media from the spec, 2 x 13watt lights, stock co2 for now (no space for anything else), and my heater.

Need to get some substrate tomorrow as I tried to rinse the stratum and it would not run clear just pure black. I have now read that washing is not recommended by some and yes by others.

I will be moving over my glosso (and buying another bunch), my hair grass, drift wood with the anubis nana, 4 RCS, 2 CRS, 2 Ghost shrimp and assassin snail. I have also got a new piece of drift wood

Here is my spec and new tank

Here is the drift wood I bought.

I plan on arranging the hair grass around the back of the drift wood, have the other drift wood to the right of the tank with the anubis towards the front and make a small glosso lawn around the front of the large wood. In the far back right corner I plan on buying a shrimp cave. I am not getting any moss for the wood as it is hard to come by here and a small cup will be around the sterling equivalent of $26 to buy and ship.

Question, how tall with the hair grass grow? will it fill out.

Will update with more pcitures tomorrow, when the substrate is in and then friday / saturday with i plant it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-13-2012, 03:16 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Can't wait to see this up.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-19-2012, 05:49 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

so here is the tank. I have realised my aquascaping is very poor. God knows if i planted it right and to be honest if i have happy days I will not change it and if i havent balls to it as its staying as it is the most stressful thing I find setting up a new tank from and old tank (and the wife hates the mess)

I know i said no moss but my local shop had 2 cups of moss in so i got one and i tied it to the wood. I did want the wood stood up but it wouldnt stay so thought balls to it and like it like this.

Front plant is HC then hairgrass and Ludwigia palustris green at the back.

The water is a little cloudy at the moment, almost like tannins but i did soak the wood for almost 3 days (Changing the water once a day during this process) will it clear and become crystal clear?

As you can see i have twin fluval lamps of 15w each and the stock CO2, I am getting the 80g CO2 as I do not have room for home made and not fussed on the cost.

The only other thing i am thinking off is changing the filter but no sure really on what to get (cannot be external unfort)

Is there anything else I need to "feed" the plants I have stuck API root tabls in and will do so monthly.

current stock is:

2 ghost shrimp
4 Red shrimp
2 crystal red shrimp
1 assassin snail

the cucumber is their dinner lol

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode