5 gallon office tank (elatine hydropiper, mini pellia, fissidens) - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-06-2012, 07:54 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (18/100%)
5 gallon office tank (elatine hydropiper, mini pellia, fissidens)

So trying to do an emersed start to give the elatine hydropiper some time to get it's roots adjusted from the gel to the aquasoil.

I've never done a tank this way before, so this is very new to me. Not sure if I am doing this right or not!

Here is a pic of it so far:

I have some mini pellia on the sticks aqs well and some fissidens on the shale rock.

I took out the water so it's below the lower substrate but haven't gotten new pics of it yet.

ₒᴑᴼοₒᴑᴼοₒᴑᴼοₒᴑ
ٴٴٴ˚~Alyssa

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

| TPT Clubs:
|
|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-06-2012, 08:19 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
Looks like a good start. I have did a partial experiment with emersed and I would try not have water cover drown the plants in the front. The plants look good in the back but the front ones I would move or get rid of that water. Just my 2 Lincolns.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-06-2012, 08:23 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)
That's one huge rock you got there!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-06-2012, 08:26 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (42/100%)
Check you out with the newest foreground plant. Nice score. GMYukonon ridin' on some 24's is correct. If you put 1 or 2 books under the front part, it will fix that puddle in the front. Nice start though!

Where did you get that rock? Me likey.

-

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-06-2012, 08:41 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (18/100%)
I did remove the water, but haven't gotten new pics of it yet, I will tonight!

It's a decent sized rock!

Hey Anthony! Yeah, I nabbed one of the portions and shared half with Tom, hoping to get the plant growing in our area too! You still have that awesome setup for emersed, yeah? I can filch a few sprigs out of my other bunch if you want to give it a go! I figure if more plant gurus have it, the better the chances that one of them will be successful at growing it out!

The rocks are from a Sac LFS, can't remember which one, but going to go tonight and see if I can find out where I got them all, LOL!

ₒᴑᴼοₒᴑᴼοₒᴑᴼοₒᴑ
ٴٴٴ˚~Alyssa

|
|

| TPT Clubs:
|
|
|
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-06-2012, 09:30 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (1/100%)
Looking forward to see your office tank. I have an office tank to =]
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-06-2012, 09:51 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (42/100%)
It looks a lot like Ohko stone. If so, you got it at Jojo's.

Yes, I still have my emersed setup. I'd love a few springs.

-

Last edited by antbug; 04-09-2012 at 06:18 PM.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode