Ebi-topia: Shrimp godz are pleased. - The Planted Tank Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-15-2012, 11:46 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (13/100%)
Ebi-topia: Shrimp godz are pleased.

UPS finally managed to get a ebi here without shattering it!

Originally I was going to use stone but after I ordered It I read that kind of stone raises the PH so driftwood it is.

I am still trying to decide on the scape layout. Which do you guys like best?

Toss up between these two

What do you guys think? I plan on getting this started today Maybe emersed just until the Moss's take hold. Anubius I can affix with hot glue.

Canon Pimp Club #019

"I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
E
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by D3monic; 04-24-2012 at 02:55 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-15-2012, 11:55 PM
Returning. Videotapes.

PTrader: (70/100%)
Send a message via Skype™ to crazydaz
I vote on Number 2 option.......but I couldn't begin to tell you why Bro! Just looks a bit more natural to me with a better flow. Either way, it'll look killer!

What moss are you planning on using? I would go all fissidens, if you can afford it. That would look pretty stunning to me! I think most mosses are kind of over-used. Just my opinion!
post #3 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-16-2012, 12:12 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)
i have an Ebi, too, and so far, it's been great! i like the very last photo you posted - one larger piece and one smaller piece - two peaks jutting up. shrimp love moss, so make good use of it!

post #4 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-16-2012, 01:12 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Me too!

Canon Pimp Club #019

"I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip"

E

post #5 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-16-2012, 01:13 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
I like #3
post #6 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-16-2012, 01:13 AM
Algae Grower

LOL, I see you are hooked.
post #7 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-16-2012, 01:24 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (8/100%)
I vote #3 would look sweet with a carpeting plant coming out of the hollowed log/cave looking deal with tall stem plants behind it!

post #8 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-16-2012, 02:24 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I was thinking a bunch of anubius around the bottom of the driftwood.

what would be a good foreground plant for that low of light?

Even better question. What do you think for the background?

Canon Pimp Club #019

E

post #9 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-16-2012, 05:41 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Canon Pimp Club #019

E

post #10 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-16-2012, 01:10 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (8/100%)
That looks great, awesome start! There are so many background plants to chose maybe get some with some red or purple to them for some contrast.

post #11 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-16-2012, 05:43 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (3/80%)
Fluval ebi FTW!!! Love the scape, I probably should have gone minimalistic since mine is now a complete jungle. Mine is very messy, but the shrimp love it, and something new is always going on.

What do you plan on having in there?
post #12 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-16-2012, 07:01 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Not sure yet, what ever high end shrimp I can afford. My high grades will probably go into the ebi and the rest into the 75gal.

So far I like

CRS SSS+, K14's, shadow panda's, BKK, OEBT and blue bolts. Which one's can go together I still need to figure out.

Canon Pimp Club #019

E

post #13 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-17-2012, 02:19 AM
Planted Tank Guru

I like the tanks.
post #14 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 05:08 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Well I decided to fill the tank today, mosses held for the most part. The moss on the ground level still is a little floaty though.

I was in the garage sanding the canopy for the 75gal https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/ta...rs-edge-5.html

when my wife called me into the house. I found this.

Hot glue was most definatly not a adequate adhesive for aquatic environment even though it was given ample time to dry.

Still clearing up

I will just use black contact paper on the back and half the sides instead of the background.

Canon Pimp Club #019

E

post #15 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 01:33 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

nice and clear this morning

Canon Pimp Club #019

E

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode