How many usable nano kits are out there? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 09:19 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (6/100%)
How many usable nano kits are out there?

Okay, I want to start a poll finding out about everyone's favorite nano kits, but I'm not even sure I know most of them. Can you help me create a list? Criteria are at least 2.5g and not not intended for kids (Disney themes, etc.).

I am aware of:

Eheim Aquastyle
Fluval Edge
Fulval Flora
Fluval the one without CO2
BiOrb
Finnex 4g
Fluval Spec
Fluval Chi (wow - what's up with Fluval?)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Pimp Club Member #313
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 09:23 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (11/100%)
Send a message via AIM to jamesyu Send a message via Yahoo to jamesyu
not much nana's but lots of nano's =)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 09:31 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)
Doesn't Fluval have the shrimp habitat kit? Or is that under a name here too?

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 09:52 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (13/100%)
best I have owned was a jbj 28 gal 150 watt hqi with nano tuners pc actinic upgrade for my first reef tank. .

I really want one with LED's for a small reef.

Canon Pimp Club #019

"I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip"

E

post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 09:59 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
Fluval Ebi (flora kit for shrimp)
The Evolve 2gal-4gal-8gal kits

post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 10:01 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Fluval ebi is the shrimp one

Canon Pimp Club #019

"I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip"

E

post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-05-2012, 01:03 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
I've got a Dymax IQ5 3.5gal tank. It's acrylic with rounded edges rather than seams that most other small kits have. It's got a lot of knockoff imitations as well.

post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-05-2012, 01:19 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (4/100%)
Ordered the nuvo 8 gal.
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-05-2012, 01:41 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)
What about the petco 6.6 bookshelf tank.
I love that tank.
Theres also the rather badly done topfin 5.5...
And marineland 3 and 5 gallon...
Umm... Aqueon Mini Bow 1 2 3 and 5 gallon.
Not great nano kits but nano kits nonetheless..

post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-05-2012, 12:28 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (1/100%)
Innovative Marine has some nice nano's....4g on up...............
Attached Images

The Fraternity of Dirt #70
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-05-2012, 01:16 PM
Algae Grower

You list the Fluval Spec, but say 2.5g or up.. The spec is only 2g.

There are also the Aqueon Evolve's available in 2, 4, & 8 gallon sizes. There is a prisim nano thats similar in design to the spec, but cheaper & all acrylic/plastic. Marineland Eclipse 3g & I believe 8g, not to mention the 5 gallon hex kits would also fit the bill.

37g w/ eclipse 3 planted Betta sorority
29g w/ eclipse 3 planted shrimp & snail tank
20 gallon long divided into 4 planted betta condo's
7.9 gallon fluval flora planted
6.6 gallon tall planted mini sorority
3g eclipse betta tank
2g hex betta tank
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-05-2012, 07:29 PM
Algae Grower

FLUVAL

Spec - 7.7L

Chi - 19L

Chi - 25L

Ebi / Flora - 30L

Edge - 23L

Edge - 46L

REEF-ONE

Baby biOrb - 15L

biOrb - 30L

biOrb - 60L

biOrb - 105L

biUbe / biUbe Pure - 35L

biOrb Life Square - 30L

biOrb Life Portrait - 45L

biOrb Life Portrait - 60L

biOrb FLOW - 15L

biOrb FLOW - 30L

TROPICAL MARINE CENTRE (TMC)

AquaGro Micro Habitat / Micro Habitat ADVANCED - 8L

Aqua Habitat - 15L

Aqua Habitat - 30L

ARCADIA

Arc Tank II - 20L

Arc Tank - 20L

Arc Tank - 35L

Tank:
(6 Gallon, Red)
H/ware:
(75W),
(Blue),

H/scape:
, Lava Rock (Planted)
Flora:
(1),
(1)
Fauna:
(3),
(8)
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-05-2012, 09:39 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (4/100%)
Send a message via AIM to Pooky125 Send a message via MSN to Pooky125 Send a message via Yahoo to Pooky125 Send a message via Skype™ to Pooky125
What about the Schuber Wright line?

Schuber Wright 9

Crustacean Star

Fancy Star

Mini 66

Schuber 6

post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 12:55 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (3/100%)
Good thread.
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 01:31 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Just ordered the fluval ebi!

Canon Pimp Club #019

E

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode