What to do with my 10??? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-04-2005, 08:08 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via MSN to Newkidonthetank
Talking What to do with my 10???

ive got a 10gallon with 1 bag of flourite and an eclipse 1 twin tube (30watts)
ever since i got my 28bow running i really dont have a good use for it... ive got clippings already growing in my 5gal jerry rig tank, i need new intrest... how about this idea... i love the hight of 15talls so how would that look with my filtration..? would it be adequate? and that would only be 2wpg, yes i know that that rule is only applied on medium sized tanks... not big or nano's but... does anyone here possibly have and eclipse 1twin, with flourite in a 15??? i would love to see a pic.... that and with the added weight will it hold on the wally stand? with a 15 tall you dont have much room for a foreground if you decide to put stargrass in there do you?... Without upgrading anything what could i do? like in plant/ fish combos...and with upgrading to a 15tall what plant/fish combo... If you are anything like me you look at people's tanks and dream of how you would do it... time for you to cash in your ideas... beacuse i want them!

out of the aquarium for a while... college
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-05-2005, 06:23 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
I have a 15 Tall as well. I love the dimensions, very different than a 10. I don't know what to recommend, but I will tell you my set up if it helps at all:
By the way, this tank was a 10 gallon, I just moved everything into the 15 in almost the exact same positions. It has filled in wonderfully, the extra height of the tank works our well.
15 Tall
Flourite/Eco Complete mix about 2 inches
40 Watt PC Current USA Satellite fixture
Zoomed 501 filter
Fauna:
7 Rasbora Espie
1 Neon Tetra (sole survivor of a massacre)
5 Otos
12 Cherry Shrimp
1 Bulldog Pleco
1 Gold Mystery Snail
Plants: (U shaped design with more plants on the left than on the right)
Foreground Left to Right: Tiger Lotus, Dwarf Hair Grass, Moss Ball
Mid Ground Left to Right: Twisty Vals, Crypt Balansei, HC
Background Left to Right: Caroliniana Green, Rotundifiolia, Micro Sword, Caroliniana Red.
I realize that some of these plants will outgrow their position in the tank, but I look forward to redoing it then!
Hardscape: Big chunk of driftwood with a cave angled on the left, some branchy stuff on the right.

I have not put up a picture yet, Ill get around to it eventually.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode