First Ever Post. My Planted Nano. - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-04-2011, 02:29 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
First Ever Post. My Planted Nano.

Hello all. I am new to this forum, but I have read several threads on it before. I am also new to planted tanks. This is my first ever attempt at a planted tank in a 1.8 gallon filtered, led lighted aquarium for my betta, Flame. I hope I put the picture on correctly. If not, please bear with me.

I have anacharis in the background and an anubias nana on a rock on the right. There are 2 snails in there too. The substrate is sand, natural gravel, a few river rocks and shells. I wanted it to look like a river bottom.

I would truly appreciate any opinions. Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	nano betta aquarium1.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	38298  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-04-2011, 02:33 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (5/100%)
Welcome to the forum - great betta setup!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Eheim Pimp Club - Member 468 (2217)
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-04-2011, 02:38 AM
Algae Grower

It looks very nice! I'm sure you betta is very happy! Hows your anubia been doing? It looks one from petsmart the other day, but then I decided not to because I didn't know if it was grown emersed or not.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-04-2011, 02:49 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Doc 7 - Thank you. I am glad to be on here.

mallardman12 - Thank you as well My anubias has been great for a couple of months now. No signs of deterioration at all. I bought mine from Petsmart as well, then tied it on a moss rock I had bought from a tank of plants they had. I forgot to mention that there is moss on the rock. The only problem I had was Flame picking on the snails a bit at first.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-04-2011, 02:56 AM
Algae Grower

It looks very nice! Has it had any new leaves since you got it?
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-04-2011, 03:03 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

mallardman12 - It did get one or two small ones growing - not in this pic. It is growing, but slowly. I don't use ferts or anything. It seems healthy and the snails leave it alone. They've been eating the anacharis though, so I may take them out.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-04-2011, 03:08 AM
Algae Grower

Love the red plain Betas. Nice start.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Just because its dirt doesn't make it low tech
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-04-2011, 03:28 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)
Nice little tank and a great home for your betta.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-04-2011, 03:48 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Before pic.

Thank you everyone for the nice words. I am open to ideas as well. I love planted tanks and am hoping to take my 26 gallon bow front on next. I looked and looked and finally found a before pic. It shows more of the light assembly as well.

Excuse the kitten. She was trying to 'shake hands' with flame. lol.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	nano betta aquarium3.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	38308  

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-04-2011, 04:05 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (18/100%)
your setup now looks great! it does look like a river bottom.
the only issue with this setup may be the apple snails (especially if you have two in there). IMO they are like goldfish - they produce too much waste and grow big for anything smaller than 5 gals.
have you thought about keeping sulawesi snails instead? poso snails are pretty nice and grow/move slowly and don't produce mad amounts of waste. I recommend two poso yellow snails in there. as long as your tap water is hard and alkaline.

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-04-2011, 04:08 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
Beautiful Betta. I love your set up. I lol at Flame. My mother has a crested gecko named Flame.

, and
Cassandra
Just my animals: 0.2 Cornsnakes, 0.2 Bearded Dragons, 1.0 Water Dragon, 0.2.1 Crested Geckos, 1.0 Tiger Salamander, 2.0 Anoles, 0.0.2 Red Eared Slider Turtles, 0.0.1 Map Turtle, 0.0.1 Hermit Crabs, 1.0 Hamster, 1.0 Rabbit, 0.1 Horses, 2.2 Dogs, 0.2 Cats, Chickens, Ducks, Oscar Tank, Planted Bowl, 2x 10 Gallon, 2x 0.5 Gallon, 5 Gallon, and Planted 25 Gallon Tank....Is that it?
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-04-2011, 04:14 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Cool betta tank... reminds me of my Oliver.. he was all red as well.. similar to yours...

|
|

Solution to ALL ALGAE Problem: Flying Fox!
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-04-2011, 04:22 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Newman - I agree. I got them in case of an algae breakout then was planning to move them to my larger tank. They have started eating my anacharis, too. I will move them tomorrow.

The Jade Shrimp - Lol. Thanks, he is beautiful. He used to be prettier, but got a case of ick when I first moved him to the new aquarium. His fins haven't recovered completely. He had the most beautiful fins I've seen on a betta.

doncityz - It's amazing how they have their own personalities, isn't it?

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode