De-Rimmed 5.5: The Aru's - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-06-2011, 11:22 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
De-Rimmed 5.5: The Aru's

This was supposed to be a crystal shrimp and yellow shrimp tank, but I wound up winning a pair of Aru iis for $5 at our club auction so I made this there casa.

Pool filter sand, RO water, a sponge filter and currently running a hob from an established tank as this was still cycling when I won these guys.

Lots of manzanita with java fern tied down. Rock pile to the left with a big pile of loss java moss on top and a little guppy grass. It has an archea 13 wt light. Although I would light to swap it out with an anquatop LED with adjustable colors (moonlights!)

There are also 4 yellow shrimp in here. However you never see them as they're in the moss.

Arus like it in here! They're not not shy and swim up when I give them flake. Params are stable.

cell phone pics below.
Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1320625073300.jpg (65.1 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1320625103352.jpg (79.1 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1320625161002.jpg (84.9 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1320625207130.jpg (85.3 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1320625243261.jpg (62.0 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1320625280045.jpg (93.6 KB, 63 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-07-2011, 12:11 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (2/100%)
very nice, i just derimmed my 5.5 i put some flourite in it from a established tank, put some microsword today in the middle.. still trying to figure out what direction im going in.. nice tank
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-07-2011, 12:39 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Thanks!

Not doing anything fancy in this tank in particular. I'm wrapping up college so I've gone low tech, and with this in particular I just want the fish to be comfortable and maybe even spawn. I'd grow out the fry in the 12gal in the first pic (it's my Fire red and tiger breeding setup).

They're eating earthworm flake and tiny bits of frozen beef heart/sprulina right now. The female has been hunting planara that came on the wood and plants (they're from another established tank.

Male's been displaying and chasing her like crazy but nothing yet. I'm considering getting another female to give this girl a little break but I don't know is a 5.5 is big enough for 3 Aru's. The last thing I want is for them to feel crowded.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode