5g Visio paradise: An anniversary gift for my boyfriend. - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-16-2011, 02:26 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (10/100%)
5g Visio paradise: An anniversary gift for my boyfriend.

My boyfriend thought planted fish tanks were cool, but never showed too much interest. I asked him if he'd like me to set him up one, and he seemed excited.

He now loves it and is excited to set up another, much bigger, tank in the future :]! I have brought another person to the "dark"(Read: Awesome) side .

(I also got him a freakin' sweet pocket watch long before the trip, this tank was just a spur of the moment gift. Dark steel and skeleton-style so you can see all the bits. I could post a picture of that too if anyone is interested. It's very steam punk-ish)

Here are the shots!

(ignore the mess at the bottom of the tank, a wafer crumbled when attempting to remove it, haha. It has since been sucked out :] )

Fauna:
1 Halfmoon betta, red. His name is K'voth, my boyfriend picked him out and named him after his favorite character from one of his favorite books :] .

3 Cardinal tetra

5 (fire red) cherry shrimp

I'm not kidding, those shrimp look just like the pictures I see floating around here called " fire red"s . They're juvi's still, and they're brilliant looking.

Flora:
Big ol' hunk of Java fern (was sold as a "mat" of it, a bit pricey but still pretty cool to see a good plant selection in a local shop out in Cali! I'm used to the pitiful stuff I see in southern NJ :[ .. )

A bunch of Aanacharis

I also have a 5g-10g filter fitted in the back hidden behind the java fern.

Everything is healthy, active and happy and it's been up for a while.

Just thought I would share.

I'm now in love with the "visio" brand tanks I've spotted around in hte LFSs in so-cal. I'm not sure if they're anywhere else in the west coast, as this was my first time on the west, but man so I wish they had that stuff in NJ, ha.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-16-2011, 04:35 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
Wow, you've got a lot in that little tank, glad everyone is doing well! Looks great! Very handsome HM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Ammo" - lavender/cellophane super delta tail male

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-16-2011, 04:37 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (30/100%)
What kind of tank is that? I like the dimensions.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-16-2011, 05:32 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Erm, it's a 5gal cube, but I don't remember the dimensions. I could ask him to measure it some time if you'd like though. Maybe I can find the dimensions on google. It's from a company called "Visio" they had a lot of nice "odd" dimension tanks from what I saw.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-16-2011, 05:49 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (30/100%)
Where'd you buy it?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-16-2011, 07:44 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
Tank looks good, I'd tie those ferns to something instead of planting them in the substrate.

Quick search shows that Visio is abit popular among the SW community. I didn't find their website, but from what I've seen, their dimmensions are abit different compared to topfin.

Currently out of the hobby
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Forum lurking every now and then
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-16-2011, 04:24 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowschwitz View Post
Where'd you buy it?
A place near Chino.. I forget the name. When my boyfriend gets up i'll ask him.

Edited to add: It's a place called "the Reef". It was 30$ I believe for the tank and light fixture. It has a reflector in it too, I was impressed. Very nice tank.

I really liked that place, they had really nice looking, healthy fish AND plants, and that's where we got the "fire red" cherries. I don't know if they're legit fire reds, they were just labeled "Cherry shrimp" but they LOOK like fire reds. Once they get more situated and calm in his tank (if his betta leaves them alone) I'll ask him for some pictures.

Over all "The Reef" was a great store. More freshwater then salt water fish/supplies, though. Wonder why they changed their name. (They used to be something else, they were in the process of changing their signs I think when we went there. ) Great store though and nice staff. Their tanks were decently priced too, especially for being a LFS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinoyBoy View Post
Tank looks good, I'd tie those ferns to something instead of planting them in the substrate.

Quick search shows that Visio is abit popular among the SW community. I didn't find their website, but from what I've seen, their dimmensions are abit different compared to topfin.
Thanks!

The ferns are actually attached to this peat looking mat thing, so the mat is buried, and the fern's are still, for the most part, out of the sand :] . I was really happy to see that I could do that so I wouldn't suffocate the Rhizomes (sp?).

Yeah I found the dimensions pretty charming. But I prefer the thicker/wider tanks, myself. When I actually move out there (we're a Long distance relationship, so we do visits for now :/ ) I can't wait to get my hands on a few haha.

Luckily he seems really taken with planted tanks, so I doubt i'll have to do much convincing! Hehe.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode