Sejoy's low [super] tech nanos - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 10-15-2011, 06:42 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)
Sejoy's low [super] tech nanos

Thought I'd make a journal for my two low low tech nanos. Basically, these are to hold fish that I acquired unexpectedly when I didn't have another tanks set up. But, I thought I would make them look as nice as possible until I get my 40b set up.

first, a 1g tank, actually a glass container of some sort. I bought some plants at petsmart, and found that they held two mickey mouse platy fry. I didn't want them to be eaten by the goldfish, koi, or betta, so I put them in this to chill for a while. Added a 10$ tetra mini filter, and more fake plants for cover, as they don't get along great just the two of them.

Petco gravel
found rocks
tetra filter
bits of duckweed and a half dead cambomba stem.

I don't have any plans for this tank, it's going to be torn down soon as my sister is getting a 10g set up for her birthday, so I'm just going to toss them in there and add a few more so they won't pick on one another so much.

The next one is a 1g Hex acrylic tank. I discovered a beautiful male Betta in the back shelf of my local Walmart, wasting away in a tiny dirty cup. All the other fish around him were dead and decaying, so I knew his fate wouldn't be much better. Anyway, figuring a 1g hex that gets cleaned weekly was better than a cup that gets cleaned maybe just as much, here it is.

here he is flaring at the camera

Cepheus' Temporary Kingdom:

Petco gravel
found rocks
marimo ball (just chilling while i put it's vase back together)
ugly fake plant

I like the red of the plant with the red of cepheus, on the gold gravel. I really hate fake plants, this is just to give Cephy something to hide in while I scrape up enough to buy some decent stems.

I want to keep a red stem plant, any suggestions for ones that don't require much light or co2?

Tags
nano, sejoy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode