Mini- nano ? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-15-2011, 12:32 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (10/100%)
Mini- nano ?

Not sure what you call this. I started an emersed setup with some eleocharis parvula. This is a very tiny bowl...just scaped it with a rock to add some character. Starting to fill in nicely. Ps.. The last pic is how I started it in the middle
Of summer. I left it outside and it died back when it got flooded with rain. Thought it would never grow. Then one day. It took off. Now that I have it inside it's just loving life.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1318638578.650889.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	36106  

Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by frrok; 10-15-2011 at 06:03 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-15-2011, 01:38 AM
Prodigious Plant Pundit

PTrader: (44/100%)
Wabi-kusa-ish thing?

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." -- Steve Jobs

post #3 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-15-2011, 01:57 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geniusdudekiran View Post
Wabi-kusa-ish thing?
Haha... Maybe. Emersed mini iwagumi ?

post #4 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-15-2011, 02:18 AM
Prodigious Plant Pundit

PTrader: (44/100%)
Yes, that works too LOL

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." -- Steve Jobs

post #5 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-15-2011, 02:28 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)
I like it!
post #6 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-15-2011, 02:35 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (18/100%)
call it a pico tank once it gets water. will look great from what i can see!

post #7 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-15-2011, 04:05 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
Nice! Looks like it's the size of a drinking glass?

"Ammo" - lavender/cellophane super delta tail male

post #8 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-15-2011, 06:01 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny View Post
Nice! Looks like it's the size of a drinking glass?
I would say more like a soup bowl. A tad bigger. I'll keep you guys posted on its progress.

post #9 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-15-2011, 12:23 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Love it! I keep finding allll sorts of containers that I am tempted to try .... lol

Whats the substrate?

ₒᴑᴼοₒᴑᴼοₒᴑᴼοₒᴑ
ٴٴٴ˚~Alyssa

|
|

| TPT Clubs:
|
|
|
post #10 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-15-2011, 02:04 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
Love it! I keep finding allll sorts of containers that I am tempted to try .... lol

Whats the substrate?
Miracle grow organic potting mix, osmocote capsules capped with fine black gravel.

post #11 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-15-2011, 08:31 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Nice start, should look real nice when it grows in.
What are you using for light?

Plant something...
post #12 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-16-2011, 02:17 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveller View Post
Nice start, should look real nice when it grows in.
What are you using for light?
10 watt cfl in a desk lamp.

some bad news... this container cracked! super bummed.
water was leaking from it..

but I am going to look for another little glass bowl and move it into there. this sucks because it just started to send out runners...

post #13 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-16-2011, 06:06 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
Oh no sorry to hear that! I hope you are able to move it without trouble.

"Ammo" - lavender/cellophane super delta tail male

post #14 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-17-2011, 02:56 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Weird, wonder why it cracked ... think the lamp light made it hot enough to compromise the glass or something?

ₒᴑᴼοₒᴑᴼοₒᴑᴼοₒᴑ
ٴٴٴ˚~Alyssa

|
|

| TPT Clubs:
|
|
|
post #15 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-17-2011, 01:59 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
Weird, wonder why it cracked ... think the lamp light made it hot enough to compromise the glass or something?
I'm really not sure. It could have had a small crack that I didn't notice. This is actually a vase, went to the craft store and bought another one. But I'm going to try and fix it first with some glass glue. I'll also raise the light just in case it gets too hot like you said.

I woke up this morning and found several new leaves popping through. Hopefully I won't have to re-do it. I'd rather not disturb the plant.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode