New Planted 10, A few startup questions. - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 09-28-2011, 07:53 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (3/100%)
Question New Planted 10, A few startup questions.

Hey guys, its been a while since I've been on here and longer since I've set up a new tank.

I am redoing one of my 10 gallon tanks and I was curious what I could keep in it. I want to keep shrimp, however, they aren't anything spectacular, just some RCS. they are already in the tank (just took some from my 5 gal.) and I was hoping to find a fish that wont eat them. a few here and there is no biggy but I like the activities of shrimp more than fish especially when they are densely populated.

I really like Gertrudae rainbows but I am having a hard time seeing how big they get. Will they eat the shrimp and how many could I keep?

What are some other suggestions? (Please stay away from common livebearers, I've had my fill) Tetras are sometimes a little too picky for me but I may try them if they are suggested enough.

thanks for your help guys. I can post pics if it helps at all.

P.S. sorry for missing punctuation, in class on a tablet =P

EDIT: if anyone can even suggest another thread that would be great. I searched and couldn't find anything that fit this situation. Lots of shrimp friendly threads but none in tanks this size.

Last edited by gregpxc; 09-28-2011 at 11:41 PM. Reason: additional words =P

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode