The Planted Tank Forum banner

plants for Fluval Edge

697 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Newman 
#1 ·
Hello planted tankers. I have a Fluval Edge, and I am looking for plant suggestions for it. Equipment is: stock Edge lighting, AquaClear 20 filter, no CO2 (and no plans to add it). Pretty much I am looking for low lighting plants that will be slower growing since I have only the stock lights and cannot easily reach into the corners of the tank to trim. So far, I have java fern (regular variety, Windelov and Tropica) some Crypts that I am not 100% sure of the variety (two different types) a pygmy sword and some moneywort. Fauna is 8 cherry shrimps, 5 amano shrimps, 2 bamboo shrimps, two albino BN, 5 spiny nerites and 5 olive nerites. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!

#2 ·
get the plecos out of there eventually, they dont belong in 6 gallon tanks. mosses are a good choice for your tank, there are tons of things you can do with mosses including moss branches, trees, carpets, etc... anubias can live here as well.

you need to upgrade your lighting to support other plants.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.