New to planted tanks and new to fourm, and keeping bumble bee gobies! - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-01-2011, 05:56 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (5/100%)
New to planted tanks and new to fourm, and keeping bumble bee gobies!

After being in the saltwater hobby for about 4 years, I sold everything I had due to the fact that i had to move everything back and forth to school. I had a 15 gallon tank with 2 perc clowns, anemones, clams, you name it I had it or knew about it! Well I work at a LFS and when I saw the Fluval Spec, I got the itch again to create another tank, only this time tiny and planted. My plan is to do a bumble bee goby and most likely a shrimp. I know the challenges that the goby will create which is why I want to keep him. Tank has been up for about a week with one piece of drift wood in it and a moss ball, nothing crazy yet.
I will tank pictures later tonight but until then, here is what my saltwater tank looked like before I sold everything

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-01-2011, 07:13 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (24/100%)
Send a message via AIM to HolyAngel
Nice tank, Welcome to TPT! ^^

SunSun Pimp # 42

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-01-2011, 09:52 PM
bpb
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
Love that reef tank. I have a 3 gallon sitting in the box still that I've been wanting to make a saltwater nano, but don't know where to begin. Don't want to spend any money either, which is probably why I stopped at tank, light, and live rock (now dead, in the garage dried out).

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-01-2011, 10:07 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpb View Post
Love that reef tank. I have a 3 gallon sitting in the box still that I've been wanting to make a saltwater nano, but don't know where to begin. Don't want to spend any money either, which is probably why I stopped at tank, light, and live rock (now dead, in the garage dried out).
a 3 gal would be too small as a first saltwater tank... smaller tanks actually require more work then larger tanks do
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-02-2011, 04:24 AM
bpb
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
I can definitely respect the smaller tank difficulties. I've researched for years about putting together a low tech reef or just fowlr tank, but have never pulled the trigger due to startup costs $$$. The elbow grease doesn't bother me, I like to maintain and tinker. Anyhow, look forward to seeing your bumblebee goby tank. Post pics when you get them.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-02-2011, 11:42 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

it will be easier fi you have a lid... if you want to keep a nano tank 10 gallons were a lot of fun!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-02-2011, 12:58 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

how it started

how it sits

going to add more plants before i get the gobies, we have them at work but they arent eating yet so i have to play with them more before i bring 2 home

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode