Planted Member

PTrader: (15/100%)
new fluval ebi

here my fluval ebi 7.9g
I replace the fluval light with a finnex 26w

Plants:
HC (dry start method)
mini pelia (DSM also)
mini x-mas moss (dsm) glue it to wall of fluval, had very little of this moss so i dedided to glue it to wall

Phillipine java fern
java fern trident hidden behind driftwood
round pelia
phoenix moss
nane petite (came in half dead, all but one leaf melted away)
E. belem

No co2 just excel for now
gonna add crs and cbs in few weeks

Ever since i added water few days ago the mini pelia is spreading really fast on my driftwood and the phoenix moss will start to fill in too in few weeks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-03-2011, 01:03 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (22/100%)
That looks awesome! That driftwood looks amazing in there as does the carpet!
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-03-2011, 02:53 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (10/100%)
Tank looks really nice. Cant wait until the moss grows in!

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-03-2011, 02:57 PM
Zac
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Nice. I changed out the light with a Finnex 26w too on mine. What bulb did you end up purchasing?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-04-2011, 02:08 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (3/100%)
Looks good.
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-04-2011, 04:13 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac View Post
Nice. I changed out the light with a Finnex 26w too on mine. What bulb did you end up purchasing?
i use the light that came with it, i think it was 6500k or 6700k
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-03-2011, 06:23 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

1 month update:
I got hit with rhizoclonium but it slowly going away now, my mini pelia shot out root and over few days i had all this green stuff completely covering my driftwood thought it was algae but it all mini pelia. those root must have shoot out spores or something like that.

New plants added:
Downoi
Crypt nurii

Added 10 crs and 4 cbs, i think i lost 1 or 2 crs they always behind the driftwood that where i added the almond leaf and where the sponge filter is hidden.

Added 2 amanos and 1 really large cherry shrimp i think she sakura or fire red, they did a really nice job clearing the rhizoclonium however 1 amano disappear overnight i couldn't find him on the floor.

Full tank shot

mini pellia every where

mini pellia roots i never new they had roots, accidentally remove tons of root when i try to pick off some of the rhizoclonium off, this pic is what left but they still shooting out roots. It make the driftwood look really natural when the root get very long, they look like vine

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Canon Pimp Club #038
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 12:34 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via AIM to Akira
How long are you running your lights?? I added a 10watt bulb to my flora and I was dealing with algea..and i'm running CO2...oh yeah it looks great too!

Eheim Pimp #292

post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 05:53 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
Those small specks of MP here and there completes the DW.

Currently out of the hobby

Forum lurking every now and then
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-07-2011, 05:39 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (14/100%)
Send a message via MSN to tonytrout2001@hotmail.com Send a message via Yahoo to tonytrout2001@hotmail.com
Very nice indeed. I get that MP on my wood also. I think it looks really good considering my Java Moss didn't grow up like I wanted it to. It's a nice green and brings a more natural look to the tank. I also LOVE that Downoi! I want some for my tank, and would get it if I had the room in there.

Just because its dirt doesn't make it low tech.
Updated 9-7

President.
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-08-2011, 06:17 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
How long are you running your lights??
I have light on for 4 hrs daytime and 4 hr night time so 8 hrs total. Actually those algae was my fault i had a rhizoclonium outbreak in my 5.5 gallon that i manage to clear out with excel , through my stupidity i move some frogbit over from 5.5 and accidentally transfer the algae into the ebi i can't overdose excel in this tank because of the crs/cbs so i might have to do a 5 day black out.

Update sry no picture but i remove 90% of the HC since the shrimp wasn't liking it to much they prefer to walk on the gravel i did planted some more e.belem.

Canon Pimp Club #038
post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-28-2012, 01:23 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

here update of it:
No Co2
Fertilizer whenever i remember
Move 9 chili rasboras in to the tank and 2 otto catfish and 4 peppered cory
Still have TFR, CRS, and CBS in the tank.
I remove ton off moss off the driftwood it was completely covered in mini pelia and Fissiden Fontanus. Added Two peacock moss attach on steel mesh and it growing out of control. I remove the Philippians java fern and place it into my CPD breeding tank, it was growing out of control in Ebi.
The watersprite look brown in some area because i didn't trim it in awhile and the bottom was browning from no light so i trim like 3/4 of it then i took the latest picture
Got bored of the HC carpet so i remove i toss it out and added MM since it grow very slow.

Canon Pimp Club #038
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-28-2012, 06:52 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (25/100%)
I LOVE, LOve your tank. One of the most natural looking tanks on the site now IMO. Looks like my Dartfrog Viv. So lush.

MY FEEDBACK
post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-28-2012, 06:54 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (25/100%)
What type of water do you use?

MY FEEDBACK
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-28-2012, 07:16 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

I just used cold tap water that i dechlorinate and add alittle bit of calcium sulfate for the shrimp. I wanted a poison dart frog too but gf said no so i got a nano reef instead. Maybe one day i get some frogs too

Canon Pimp Club #038

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode