New tanks -- JBJ 3G and Finnex 4G - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-28-2011, 06:47 PM Thread Starter
Surrounded by Blyxa

PTrader: (27/100%)
New tanks -- JBJ 3G and Finnex 4G

Two new tanks at once, to house two of my new bettas. First try at planting. Tanks have been up for a few days now. I even have some new growth of some sort of hitchhiking plant in one of the tanks. The Finnex is waiting on some rotundiflora to go in the left corner. The JBJ will be replacing the Java with rotundiflora.

I'm sorry for the reflective pictures. I need to wait til night to snap some better pictures to reduce reflections/glare. I will be adding black backgrounds to both tanks.

First plant ever grown in the water! What is it???

New Bettas

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-28-2011, 06:59 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (7/100%)
Wow! Those halfmoons are spectacular. I love the dragon one.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-28-2011, 07:36 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (18/100%)
Did you get those bettas off aquabid? they are both very high quality =)
did it say whether the seller is shipping them from thailand or from the USA?

I usually see both of these tanks setup as nano reefs. its nice to see them used as planted too. I know quite a few people really like them here for planted use.

I think the red dragon should be put in the finnex, and the blue/red male should be in the JBJ. What do you think?

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-28-2011, 08:03 PM Thread Starter
Surrounded by Blyxa

Bettas just arrived. They are from Aquabid and shipped from Thailand. The white one made it. The blue one did not. The white one is currently in the JBJ in my living room. That tank currently has quite a bit of tannins from the mopani wood so I figured it would help him with the transition. He will probably stay there. I'm not sure what to do with the Finnex now in terms of stocking. Maybe a shrimp tank? Not sure.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-28-2011, 08:07 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
Wow those bettas are things of absolute beauty. Just wow.

||
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-29-2011, 03:56 AM
Planted Tank Guru

unfortunate that one did not survive... still i think the finnex would be better for the red dragon in terms of lighter atmosphere and larger water volume.

post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-29-2011, 01:12 PM Thread Starter
Surrounded by Blyxa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newman View Post

unfortunate that one did not survive... still i think the finnex would be better for the red dragon in terms of lighter atmosphere and larger water volume.
I am considering it. The red half-moon is a typical slow boating betta so the JBJ has plenty of volume considering that. I have a half-moon plakat in the Finnex and he has gone crazy since putting him in. He is using every inch of that tank so the extra volume might be better for him. He was in a unfiltered 2.5 at work and he actually likes the filter current as well.

My wife might have made the decision for me. She likes the JBJ in the living room and she likes the red half-moon in there as well.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-29-2011, 06:24 PM
Planted Tank Guru

any pics of the plakat?

post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-29-2011, 07:03 PM

is there a website you ordered the bettas from? if so, can i get it?
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-29-2011, 07:07 PM

sorry i just read your post on aquabid. will they compensate for the lost one?
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-29-2011, 08:21 PM Thread Starter
Surrounded by Blyxa

Quote:
Originally Posted by vu_deezy View Post
sorry i just read your post on aquabid. will they compensate for the lost one?
Yes. But trans-ship costs are non-refundable. If you are going to order some, I'd recommend more than one at a time since shipping costs start to flatten out versus just ordering a single fish. I bought mine from Banleangbetta -- he offers a lot of nice quality dragonscale halfmoons. Profish farms offers, arguably, the nicest HM dragon plakats. You can order from multiple Thai sellers, ship them to the same transhipper in the state, and they ship it to you. I would order from the States, but there are simply no Thai quality breeders actively selling in the States. A few of the US breeders on Aquabid are selling Petco bred stock, which isn't quite up my alley.

Sorry for the poor quality on this picture. It's my wifes camera. Mine is on it's last legs. He's still growing out, and he does have a bit of dragonscale on him ( obvious when you look at the eyes ).

-- Here are some of Profish farms plakats. If I had it to do over again I'd probably order one of these as well. The plakats have less finnage and are probably more durable for it.

post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-29-2011, 08:49 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

freakin gorgeous!

post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-29-2011, 10:50 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (5/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to Aphyosemion
Wow, too bad the blue one didn't make it. That is the most amazing betta I think I have ever seen.

Two 1 GA desktops, a 5 gallon, a 2.5 gallon, a 10 gallon, a 20 gallon, a 25 gallon, and two 75 gallon tanks, all planted.
I am an expert on algae, so ask me if you have questions. I know how to grow it, just not how to get rid of it.
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-29-2011, 11:04 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (7/100%)
Those Bettas are beautiful. Where did you get the Finnex 4g?
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-29-2011, 11:08 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (21/100%)
I have three bettas through Aquabid that I purchased from a US breeder. If you are ever interested, Chard56 is his name on AB and he is top notch. They are not the absolutely ridiculous bettas you find overseas but he has some really pretty fish. I love the fish I bought from him, he takes great care of his little guys and gals and he has been breeding for years.

This is my favorite, Dante. Polo and Marco are always on the move and damned near impossible to snap a good photo of.

This is my Maximus who is at my work.. he has a wonderful personality. Greets me first thing in the morning and whenever anyone comes to my cube to visit he is quick to swim up and give them the stink eye. I think it is because he wants more food.

Max has changed since that pic, he is almost all the blue/green color and the top of his head is an orange-ish.

The Fraternity of Dirt #5
I'm dirty

-RETIRED

- 06/2012

.sdrawkcab dootsrednu tub sdrawrof devil si efiL

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode