My first post! - Fluval Ebi - Planted - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-07-2011, 03:29 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
My first post! - Fluval Ebi - Planted

Hey all,

Im new to the forum, just wanted to share some pics and specs of my setup.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000508 0.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	243.5 KB
ID:	32438

Name:	P1000509 0.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	185.9 KB
ID:	32439

Name:	P1000510 0.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	201.2 KB
ID:	32440

Name:	P1000511 0.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	191.3 KB
ID:	32441

Name:	P1000512 0.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	204.8 KB
ID:	32442

Flora - HC carpet (comming in very nicely). Rotala indica - which you cant see (its in the back left corner). Tape grass - in the back-mid (I think its Tape grass i can't remember lol!! ). 2 Marimo moss balls and I also can't remember the plants name thats on the left. so if someone wants to chime in please do lol

Fauna - 1 female Frucata Rainbow, sadly her mate died and the LFS took them away a week later which leads me to believe they weren't very healthy to begin with. Around 60 RCS (breeding like crazy), 3 Yellow shrimp, and 5 CRS (going to purchase 3 more in the next day or two)

Lighting - 3 (yes thats right i said 3 heheh ) Fluval 13W HO Power compacts on for about 12 hrs a day. These are ones I purchased after the faulty ones that were recalled (or replaced). I was lucky enough to not run into that "lighting" problem that many others faced as the lady at the LFS replaced mine with the newer fixture while i was buying the tank.

CO2 Setup - Fluval 88g CO2 kit running at 1 bubble every 4 - 5 sec, I know alot of people out there that dislike these products as the refills are so expensive, I for one am still on my first cartridge and it's been about 2 months now so i dont mind spending $50 every 6 months lol (I buy the 3 pk). Also im in the process of getting a new high quality glass diffuser/bubble counter and CO2 approved tubing and a nice brass check valve, should be here by friday, it's comming all the way from orlando FL YAY!! purchased from green leaf aquariums.

Filter - Im using the inter filter the kit came with right now but i DEFINATLY want to upgrade to a canister, im thinking of the fluval 105. What do u guys and gals think? I definatly want opinions on this please any problems or bad experiences?

Substrate - just the substrate the tank came with its called Fluval stratum for shrimp, works great no complaints plants can root like crazy in that stuff

Lastly I dose with Seachem Flourish twice a week and do a 30% water change once a week.

I forgot to mention i want to take out the drift wood and rocks and put a bigger piece of drift wood in the middle to grow some moss on perhaps. Im going to rip out that plant to the left I think aswell as its in a bad position I don't know what I was thinking hahaha. Once i take out the interal filter im going to put some pennywort in its place.

Comments, questions? dont be shy

- Sean k
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-07-2011, 03:40 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (26/100%)
Everything looks good, You could use that $50 every six months to save for a traditional CO2 rig or a paintball setup.

I love the somewhat oval marimoball on the right

Nothing Ventured. Nothing Gained.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-07-2011, 11:40 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (3/100%)
Thats a fine looking tank. Nice work.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-07-2011, 03:00 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
looking, good
thats a ton of light, hope your adept at algae control. Should make that HC grow great tho.

im only running two on my ebi 14 hrs total but they're only both on at the same time for 4 hours.

as for the filter check out the Finnex px-360. I have been throughly impressed, with it on my ebi.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SunSun Pimp #2
Fluval Ebi Pimp #4
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-07-2011, 06:26 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
Nice, looks very neat and clean.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-08-2011, 03:11 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Thanks for the comments guys!

Quote:
looking, good
thats a ton of light, hope your adept at algae control. Should make that HC grow great tho.

im only running two on my ebi 14 hrs total but they're only both on at the same time for 4 hours.

as for the filter check out the Finnex px-360. I have been throughly impressed, with it on my ebi.
bigboij,
algae has never really been a problem, I just scrape it off when im doing a water change with a box cutter blade . As for the filter, I searched at two LFS and couldnt find one anywhere so i ended up just purchasing the 105 at Als. I took a look at your Ebi and i have to say... yours is better hahaha.

I also rescaped my tank ill post pics later after everythings inplace.

-Seank
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-08-2011, 03:22 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (4/100%)
One of the nicest ebis! I would like to invite you to join the fluval ebi pimp club. If you check the threads I've created using my profile you should find the thread im talking about. I've had ny ebi for a while...after the light blew I never got it fixed but just now im starting to do a dry start method HC carpet. Good luck!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Fluval EBI Pimp #1
Ehfipimp #449
Custom Built PC
Canon Fanboy

- Check out my photos
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-09-2011, 12:21 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

here she is after the rescape, let me kno what you all think

Name:	P1000514 0.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	211.3 KB
ID:	32506
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-09-2011, 12:27 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Dope wood! Kind of reminds me of mine haha (the one above you in the ebi pimp club). Gotta say I definitely like it better after the rescape. I was thinking of picking up a fluval 105 for mine too. The stock filter isn't really impressing me all taht much, I shoved some purigen in there to get rid of tannins from my DW and it reduced the flow by a good 50% even with just a tiny bag and then it slowly gets weaker over the span of about a week just from normal mulm buildup on the sponges/filter intake pantyhose I put on until the point where it's just trickling out and needs to be cleaned/rearranged weekly
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-09-2011, 01:01 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Dope wood! Kind of reminds me of mine haha (the one above you in the ebi pimp club). Gotta say I definitely like it better after the rescape. I was thinking of picking up a fluval 105 for mine too. The stock filter isn't really impressing me all taht much, I shoved some purigen in there to get rid of tannins from my DW and it reduced the flow by a good 50% even with just a tiny bag and then it slowly gets weaker over the span of about a week just from normal mulm buildup on the sponges/filter intake pantyhose I put on until the point where it's just trickling out and needs to be cleaned/rearranged weekly
Hahaha I just took a look at your tank and its soo tru tbarabash my DW looks very close to yours almost too close lol maybe we got it from the same tree haha .

Ill let you kno how the filter works in about a week or so, I ordered it from BA they dont stock the 105 there tho and the ones at PJ's pets look like they were dragged behind the shipping truck before it arrived at the store. It should be here by next thursday they said, maybe sooner.

Anyways if you follow my posts here ill do a review as soon as its in the tank (well maybe a few days later lol).

Also anyone that has any sugestions on a plant to take the place of the internal filter please chime in i can't decide lol. All I kno is im gonna order some xmas moss to tie on the DW and/or maybe java moss too?

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode