10 gallon lighting and other q's.. - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-16-2011, 03:54 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
10 gallon lighting and other q's..

im interested if this light ( http://www.finnex.net/index.php?opti...hk=1&Itemid=61 ) will provide high lighting for a ten gallon. it has a 26watt bulb. ill get it with a 6500k bulb.

also i just won a 65 watt straight pin compact coralife on a fifteen gallon. the fifteen probably isnt small enough to be a nano..

i do plan to run pressurized c02 and dose fertalizer on both tanks
thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-16-2011, 04:30 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)
Yes, it should put the area directly under the light in Very high light. However with the length of a 10g it might not cover the whole tank in high light. I have a similar light and the reflector seems to direct the light straight down which is perfect for cube or hex tanks.

And the other light is probably too much for the 15G.

I have 3 tanks going the two tanks with medium light run super smooth. The one tank with way too much light (2x24W T5HO on 20g high) has been having non-stop algae problems. Once I get some spare money I'm going to get something to suspend my light a bit higher.

What I would suggest doing is using that 65 watt fixture and suspend it maybe 6 inches above your 10G and use it to light both tanks.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-16-2011, 05:11 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

the 65 watt fixture is too big for a ten gallon.. but thanks for your reply! I'm wondering if i should look into t5 fixture for the ten so it will cover the whole tank

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-16-2011, 05:16 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)
a t5 is definitely too much light. What I'm saying is that 65 Watt CFL is enough light for both your tanks combined. You should suspend it over both your tanks so they share the light.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-16-2011, 06:23 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

I do not want to do it because they will be in two separate rooms... you say that the finnex will provide very hight light directly underneath it but what what about the rest of the tank?

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode