New Tank Assistance/Guidance - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 06-14-2011, 05:03 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
New Tank Assistance/Guidance

Hello all! I've been keeping aquariums ever since I was 12, and I'm about to celebrate my 21st birthday in a week. I haven't kept an aquarium ever since I lost my 30 gallon during a move. I've finally decided that it was time to get back to something I loved to do, and that was keeping and breeding fish.

So I'm getting back into the hobby, and I'm excited about it.

I won't be able to start back breeding immediately, because I don't have two tanks, and most definitely can't afford to buy another 7.5 gallon on top of the one I'm thinking about purchasing. [If someone has a cheap one, or and old one, I'd be glad to pay for shipping or a little more! ]

I know I'd like to keep some shrimp to start off with, and in a planted nano tank. As to the specifics of everything else, I have no idea. That's what my question is:

I am thinking about getting the 7.5 gallon Mr. Aqua.
I'd like to get some Crystal Red Shrimp. (Any idea as to how many for a 7.5?)
I know I'd like to plant it with some Microsword, Marsilea minuta, and perhaps some java moss as a carpet. (if I'm successful in growing it!)

Knowing this, What else do I need to purchase for a successful nano tank with these flora/fauna?

Also, I'm a videographer with a studio in my house, so I plan on using video heavily to keep you guys updated on the tank process, breeding success/epic failure, and do some pass-it-forward education as I go.

Tags
7.5 gallon, crs, crystal red shrimp, first tank, mr aqua

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode