I'm looking to get a new aquarium for my desk. I am down to choosing between a Finnex and a 12" cube. The Finnex price is hard to pass up, but I think I like the idea of the deeper foot print of the 12" cube for spacing out plants.
- MTS capped with a TBD
- 1 piece of driftwood, looking for a nice little stump
- Zebra stones, depends on the size of the driftwood
- Small crypts, anubias petite, blyxa, micro swords and probably some stem plant.
- Betta, couple otos, couple nerites, and possible a few small schooling fish.
- Aquaclear Mini and a desklamp with a 13W CFL for now (will be looking to upgrade the light).
I'm looking for some Comments/Input:
1) Pros and cons of the two tanks.
2) If you have either, what do you like, don't like, and any problems you have had?
3) If you had the choice which way would you go?
4) Suggest a light fixture? Not looking to spend more than a $100 for a light.
I've seen many beautiful Finnexs out there. I've seen less cubes though.