Spec V Lighting OK for Low Tech Excel? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-09-2020, 12:59 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (80/100%)
Spec V Lighting OK for Low Tech Excel?

After about 5 years out of the hobby, it's time to wade back in again. I had great success with a Excel based low tech tanks previously, and I'm looking at getting a Spec V and using Excel. I know the Spec V has "new and improved lighting," and I'm looking for input from people who are using the new version. From your experience, should that be enough lighting for a moss and low light plant tank? I'd like to keep things stock if possible, and was wondering how people are making out using the "new" stock light and Excel. Plans are, FWIW to make this a shrimp tank, with possibly some CPDs.

Thanks for the input, and it's great to be back on the boards!

Tom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-25-2020, 07:57 PM

PTrader: (0/0%)
Yeah it's a decent light. Moss are not a problem with most lights, if any honestly. I'm actually doing a dry start with a fluval spec with glossostigma which is a bit of a demanding plant.

I would do a different fertilizer. Excel is pretty weak and for the price, it's like they're stealing from us. I really like UNS plant food/fertilizer

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode