My Wave box 45 tank - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-02-2020, 02:52 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
My Wave box 45 tank

Hello all,

This is my first attempt of aquascape with some better gear and overall , almost Hi-tech setup. It is not made on purpose as hi-tech, but it came to life with time. THis setup is about one year old. It is Amtra wave box 45 tank, with Amtra led system 18w on top. Filter is hang on Eiheim liberty 75 filled with fine fiber filter and usual glax mini as much as I could fit.
As for scape itself, before I managed to talk my wife into dishing out this much cash ( ) I had idea to look like iwagumi style tank. Well that failed I guess hehe. Still, at start it was more like plant testing ground and those are oned that managed to stay. I had one colapse of medium type with green hair algae, but usual clealing huge water change helped. Problem was my lazynes as it usualy is with me. I am now on one week at about 20% water change and spoonge clean in aquarium water. Newest addition is my DIY CO2 system as you can see on pictures. THis is first that run good with no air leaking so as you can see current ywast mixture is a bit on low side. Upside of that is that I can turn it on and forget untill i need to replace mixture (2 cups sugar/1/4 tsp of yeast/ 1 tsp of baking soda) . THis mixture maybe better for smaller tanks, but for this next run will be one more cup of sugar and 1/2 tsp of yeast. I expect double bubbles and light green colour on my drop checker. Anyway. along with that it came in tank cuba which you can see arround. As I can see in lasr 4-5 days all plants love more co2 (drop checker was dark blue when I put it in, now is darker green) especialy cuba. I do hope to finally have my carpet.

What I personaly recomend for DIY yeast CO2 reactor is one bottle setup, 2nd water bottle is just oversize buble counter and I dont use that as I have drop checker. 2 holes in cap is problem and use silicone kit fir sealing hoses on cap. It is best and it is flexible. I am thinking if I use same system but add another or even 3 bottles in total and connect them with "t" splitter (as you can see my night safety valve on picture) it could decently power my 2nd planned tank (amtra led system 60 at about 75 liter i think) which fits perfectly on this stand.

Picture is taken today and it is about 4 days after major prunning so tetras are a bit shy still. I plan also to add pne more plant (ceratopterus thalictroides) which are aparently loved by red cherry shrimps. I plan to add some more shrimps to tank aswell, so this way they will have plenty of hiding spots.

I hope you like it and alwaysm any suggestion is more than welcome.

Edit: weekly dosing of Easy-life profito 4,5 ml and in close future I will add root tabs as suplement for older plants.

Tommy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Front.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	408.5 KB
ID:	899301  

Name:	CO2 details.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	183.4 KB
ID:	899303  

Name:	CO2 bottle.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	899307  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-02-2020, 04:19 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (70/100%)
Send a message via AIM to monkeyruler90
Looks very nice! I like the scape, it's going to look awesome once everything fills in

Good tips on the DIY CO2! do you regularly see the drop checker turn green?

--Oscar.
Fluval pimp #4 aka PIMP master!
I SAID ITS GREAT
TO BE

A FLORIDA GATOR!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-02-2020, 08:55 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

It is almost always green. I do expect drop to blue once all sugar is gone, but as I mention, next iteration of mixture should be beter. I left it ran last night all night and it was still green. I like that "feature". XD

I also forgot to add, that it needed only an hour or so to start bubbling again after night deactivation via safety valve. That is good in my book, and as it is not that co2 intensive I can turn it on in morning before work and expect to start by daylight. I am thinking that up to some 100 liter you can safely use that and save cash by adding another 2 liter bottle.

I admit I was on virge to give up, but when I learned about silicone kit it was easy. I will keep you posted on new mixture aswell.

Minor nuisance are snails that got a bit out of control, but I managed to remove most of them. Still they are very usefull so I do leave group of them inside.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-04-2020, 09:20 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Short update.

That troublesome seals on cap I mentoined, well it leaked again. I resealed it but given amount of times I tried to do it, I ordered from aliexpress, DIY kit, ready made. Since it is aliexpress, it will take some time to arrive, but untill then old patched up system will do I guess. After that I will have to switch to cytric acid/baking soda recepie, but that is easy part.
As usual ill keep you posted and put some pics too.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-06-2020, 11:19 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

06.06.2020 Short update, or long maybe lol. Anyway. I have new community member and new plant to show along with some tank details.
I am still in process od slightly redecorating tank and in plan is some kind of wood (ones that do not darken water) and maybe a moss on branches.
I also had luck and ran onto one last Amano shrim, which is now proud meber of our little community. I tried to picture him, but that thing is like ninja stealthy so you can see him just below tetra's tail slightly to right in plants.

New improved batch of yeast/sugar/baking soda is much better (1 bag of yeast / 3 cups of sugar / 2 tsp of baking soda) and checker is much closer to lime green now. Plants seems to love it. So here is list of plants I have in there:

Front: Glossostigma Elatinoides,
Vesicularia Dubyana (small rock),
Cryptocoryne Wendii Brown,
Hemianthus Callitrichoides Cuba,

Back: Echinodorus Parviflorus Tropica,
Hygrophila Corymbosa (variation I guess),
Ludwigia Arcuata,
Ludwigia Super Red

In terms of hardscape, main point is this big rock which reminded me of ones used in Iwagumi tanks, so that is why this ended here. I would love to make tank more comfy for my shy livestock, so that is why I want to put some nonpolutant tree in front left goint to middle bact or I may put in left back corner and put it to overhang middle of tank so it has shady area but leaves nuff light for cuba.

This plants are one that are left after several changes. They do ok with no Co2 and now with CO2 will do awsome I hope. Cuba does not good without CO2 so this is more like carpet experimment lol.

Anyway, enjoy new pictures.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Front 06-06.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	406.6 KB
ID:	899427  

Name:	Amano closeup.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	400.7 KB
ID:	899429  

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-15-2020, 03:55 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Hello all.

It passed some time and I did some changes in my tank, so here is photo of new "jungle" look. I am not exactly happy with it, but I hope fish will like it. Another reason i did not trim or cut branches is that I expect in future to have new tank most likely 60 X 30 X 35 (63 liters). In there thiis should fit fine.

Also as you most likely notices I have some cloudy water. I expected that since I needed to clean out my filter and up to now I used Fluval watte for main filter material along withglax mini rings. That watte is awsome material for filtration, but It is impossible to clean it out. So I need to replace it and I usualy get for day or two cloudy water. That is why I switched to Amra biocell sponge which I can cut to measure and have also nuff spot for some glax rings. I expect after next filter cleanup I will have better situations ince I will be able to wash sponge in aquarium water and save precious bacteria.

Also, new think is air stone in place of CO2 diffuser since I realised that Yeast/sugar combo cannot make pressure that high so diffuser actualy was problem spot and not holes on my bottles. I now have about 2 bubbles per second of Co2 not best but workable untill my ready made DIY set from alibaba comes (I ordered it weeka go). Then I will switch to cytric acid/baking soda reactor, which should have ample of pressure to power up diffuser. As always Ill keep you posted and I would love to hear some comments on setup. Any idea or suggestion is apreciated.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Front 15_06.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	299.6 KB
ID:	899901  

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode