fertilizers for planted tank - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-20-2020, 07:50 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Question fertilizers for planted tank

hello,
i have a planted tank with medium amounts of plants that are red and green, i am currently using tropica premium fertilizer and i have a fluval stratum soil and diy co2, my plants are showing potassium and iron deficiency so i ordered ADA brighty iron and brighty K, and i just wanted to ask if i can mix the two or if i should use only one, if someone is using both please recommend something to do or a schedule.
Thank You in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-24-2020, 10:00 PM
Algae Grower

I am sure you can mix them, though I am no expert on ferts. I am lazy, I usually just buy something like the Thrive line by gniloc.

Buce Fiend - Small Tank Keeper
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-26-2020, 10:51 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (3/100%)
General rule of thumb never mix chemicals hehe. But plant ferts as long as your dosing right away i never had any problems. Just dont keep mixed long term could cause chemical reaction problems (liquid form)

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-26-2020, 01:04 PM
Algae Grower

I would be weary of mixing them. I am not versed with the ADA line of products, but I do know that the chelator used for iron differs -- if you add the iron mixture with something that will displace the chelator, you will not be supplying iron to your plants because it will get locked up in a form that plants cannot uptake.

I would dose them 12 hours apart. I dose my macros at night and my micros in the day - daily.

Note I may be wrong on the chelators specific to ADA products and they may very well be ok to mix. I looked up the product but I couldn't find the details.

Cheers,
Josh
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-28-2020, 04:12 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (3/100%)
Spot on josh. I dose both micros and macros at same time due when im lazy. When i was into it i had them on different days minus water change day. I honestly didnt notice a difference but my tank wasnt always 100 percent either lol

Tags
#ada, #liquidfertilizer, #tropica

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode