• 2 Post By Trajce
  • 2 Post By Trajce

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-09-2020, 01:50 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
New begginings

Hello,
After 4 year out of the hobby i decided to start a nano tank.

This tank runs about 2.5 months
Dimensions: 40x24x24 (L,W,H in cm) about 24 litres
Filtration: Atman HF0400 - HOB 375 l/h + small internal filter Shark (i think about 250 l/h)
Heating: Atman 100W heater
Lighting: 6w LED bulb (thinking of upgrading)
Substrate: 1st layer is quartz mixed with tetra complete substrate (from one of my old tanks) and 2nd layer river sand
Decoration: mangrove roots(i think), some grapewine branches and some rocks

Fauna: 1 blue dwarf gourami (male), 2 albino corys, 3 albino ancistus (may replace them with ottos)
Flora: Anubias nana petite, Bucephalandra sp. Lamandau mini red, Microsorum pteropus windelow, Vallisneria spiralis, Lilaeosis brasiliens, Cryptocoryne affinis?, Hydrocotyle tripartita japan, Micranthemum micranthemoides and Chamaedorea elegans.
Pictures from start till now (last 4 pictures are from today)
Soo suggestions

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-09-2020, 02:40 PM
Wannabe Guru

Your light fixture seems odd.. Is it turning the bulb sideways or is the bulb you are using a tube?

Either way it can't be the most efficient way of getting light down since it looks like at least half and maybe more of your light is relying on the reflector to get it into the tank.

I am currently using this bulb on a 7.5 gallon walstad no filter tank. Its strong enough to grow hair grass just fine. I would definitely recommend it or something like it but it would require a downward firing lighting fixture.

Also a little confused on filtration. Are you using both an internal filter and a HOB? Or did you start with the internal filter and now switch to the hob? If the later I heartily approve.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-09-2020, 05:06 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
Welcome to TPT!

Your tank looks great!
What emergent growth plants do you have in here?

Amy

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-09-2020, 07:32 PM
Algae Grower

Welcome and love the scape great job!

YaBoiHunt
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-10-2020, 09:58 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Thanks everyone, its a real pleasure to be part of this community.
@minorhero The bulb is sideways and yes its not the most effective way but thats for now. Maybe i will make a diy power led fixture if i have the time.
I started with the internal and moved to the hob, but once a week i put the internal in because it increases the aeration so the filters can pick up most of the fish waste because i cant get in some places with the vacuum.
@Discusluv Chamaedorea elegans - parlour palm, i hope that the hydrocotyle will grow out and also a have a few risoms of the java fern windelow near the surface.

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-10-2020, 10:09 PM
Planted Member

Nice looking aquarium there. Also really like the gourami. My favorite fish, they have a lot of character in my opinion
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-12-2020, 10:12 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Thanks what other small fish (under 2 inches) can i put besides the gourami?

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-14-2020, 01:32 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (37/100%)
Please return the ancistus (bristlenose pleco) asap! They need a MUCH MUCH larger tank! You need at least 20 gallons (75 liters) for just 1 bristlenose. For 3 bristlenose x4 the volume or more give room for territories and dilute all that poop.
The tank is a little small for a dwarf gourami, they should have at least a 10g (37 liter), and I see an interanl fitler/pump as well as a hob (hang on back) filter in your photos? Keep in mind gourami like low/gentle flow.

Aside from that your scape and plants look lovely. Be mindful that 'dwarf' palm will get over 36" (91 cm) in a few years-mine turned into a monster before I sold it.

Due to photobuckets new bs cost for use of images on forums I have deleted all photobucket accounts. I apologize if you enjoyed or found my photos helpful.
Starting to update these threads

~
~
~
~
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-03-2020, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trajce View Post
Hello,
After 4 year out of the hobby i decided to start a nano tank.

This tank runs about 2.5 months
Dimensions: 40x24x24 (L,W,H in cm) about 24 litres
Filtration: Atman HF0400 - HOB 375 l/h + small internal filter Shark (i think about 250 l/h)
Heating: Atman 100W heater
Lighting: 6w LED bulb (thinking of upgrading)
Substrate: 1st layer is quartz mixed with tetra complete substrate (from one of my old tanks) and 2nd layer river sand
Decoration: mangrove roots(i think), some grapewine branches and some rocks

Fauna: 1 blue dwarf gourami (male), 2 albino corys, 3 albino ancistus (may replace them with ottos)
Flora: Anubias nana petite, Bucephalandra sp. Lamandau mini red, Microsorum pteropus windelow, Vallisneria spiralis, Lilaeosis brasiliens, Cryptocoryne affinis?, Hydrocotyle tripartita japan, Micranthemum micranthemoides and Chamaedorea elegans.
Pictures from start till now (last 4 pictures are from today)
Soo suggestions

This is looking beautiful. I love plants the most to be honest.

As someone above said, isn't it true that these plants tend to grow quite a bit. You just might want to consider this so you don't have to make a switch down the road.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-10-2020, 06:16 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

The gourami and the 3 ancistrus are out, i got 8 ember tetras, 2 cherry barbs and 1 neretina.
Yes the crypts look fairly big in this tank but for now i dig the look, maybe i will change them with something that looks similar but does not grow over 6 inches (15cm)

Yesterday after water change.

doug105! and Desert Pupfish like this.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-11-2020, 01:47 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (37/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trajce View Post
The gourami and the 3 ancistrus are out, i got 8 ember tetras, 2 cherry barbs and 1 neretina.
Yes the crypts look fairly big in this tank but for now i dig the look, maybe i will change them with something that looks similar but does not grow over 6 inches (15cm)

Yesterday after water change.

Still lovely tank. You may want to send back the cherry barb. They need a larger tank than you have. Larger than the gourami needs.
Quote:
Base dimensions of at least 24 ∗ 12" (60.9-30.4 cm) or equivalent are required.
https://www.seriouslyfish.com/species/puntius-titteya/
They should be in groups of 6 or more which is too much for that tank. If a mixed group at least 2 females per a male,3 or 4 is even better... or just all males(lot of people do that). As just 2 the dominant one will possibly harass the weaker to death. If its 1 male 1 female, he will chase the female to death trying to mate-need more females to spread out the 'love'. But again.. tank size..
I know we keep popping your bubble with fish stocking! But just trying to help you have optimal fish for your environment! ^^

Due to photobuckets new bs cost for use of images on forums I have deleted all photobucket accounts. I apologize if you enjoyed or found my photos helpful.
Starting to update these threads

~
~
~
~
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-07-2020, 01:23 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

@AquaAurora yes i noticed that 1 cherry barb is dominating the other so i gave them to my friends 20 gal barb tank.
I got some cherry shrimps.
1st photo was taken 1 month ago. Since then i trimmed the crypts.
The cories are nearly fully grown so i might take them out as soon the quarantine is over.

sudhirr and Streetwise like this.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-07-2020, 01:26 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
Beautiful!

Style: Organic potting soil, gravel, sand, wood, plants, algae, biofilm, snails, shrimp, fish, dual siestas
Tech : Small tanks, Fluval Plant 3.0, Top Fin MF10, Eheim Classic 150, Neptune Systems Apex EL
Tanks:
|
|
|
|
|
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-19-2020, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

@Streetwise Thanks .

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode