• 1 Post By Felipe
  • 1 Post By somewhatshocked
  • 2 Post By Felipe

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-20-2019, 08:44 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Fluval Eco Nano LED

Has anybody had any luck growing plants with one of these? I'm looking for pretty easy to grow plants in a 6 gallon, 11" tall tank. It looks like this one has the updated bracket.

My local Petco has it 50% off.
Attached Images

26G BF
40G Breeder (soon to be planted)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-20-2019, 11:36 PM
Obsessed? Maybe

PTrader: (494/100%)
I've grown lots of plants with a lot worse. Betting you'll have decent luck with it.
Felipe likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
|
|

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-20-2019, 11:52 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by somewhatshocked View Post
I've grown lots of plants with a lot worse. Betting you'll have decent luck with it.

For $32 I couldnít resist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

26G BF

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-21-2019, 03:05 AM
Obsessed? Maybe

Looks like it may be an attractive light, as well. And for that price? No-brainer purchase. That's as affordable as fleabay & amazon cheapies that just get the job done. This is bound to be a lot better.

Hope you'll post about it when you get it set up so others can see how it goes.
Felipe and Discusluv like this.

|
|
|
|
|
|
|

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-21-2019, 03:37 AM
Wannabe Guru

I bought one of older models that were on eBay for $26 (non adjustable position) to use on a 10wx16h column vase Iím going to set up for mini tank at my work desk.

Only going to do some crypts in bottom, some moss/fissidens mounted to branches mid column and hydrocotyle Japan tied at surface for plants though.

From what Iíve seen, at 6.5w should deliver med-low light in most 5gal or shorter tanks. Plugging mine in, color rendering and balance seems very good. Also, on mine power adapter and light are connected via 2.1x5.5 dc plug so inserting a dc digital timer/dimmer should be easy.

Iíd say go for it your just doing java fern, moss, Anubias/buce or hygro compacta in that depth tank. Could probably do some of the easier Ludwigia species. Growth wonít be bombastically fast but slow and steady.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-21-2019, 03:49 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by somewhatshocked View Post
Looks like it may be an attractive light, as well. And for that price? No-brainer purchase. That's as affordable as fleabay & amazon cheapies that just get the job done. This is bound to be a lot better.

Hope you'll post about it when you get it set up so others can see how it goes.

Hereís a pic of the tank and light. Iíll update once I get the substrate, wood or rock, and some plants in.

26G BF
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-21-2019, 04:03 AM
Wannabe Guru

Aquaclear 20 and marineland 25w heater and your done as far as hardware. Iíd call that med/low light.

Im also going to build a light shroud that hangs around light to limit light spillover outside tank which will also increase par directed into tank.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-21-2019, 04:45 AM
Obsessed? Maybe

That looks great. Both in terms of intensity and the way it sits on your tank.

I've been teetering between a Fluval 3.0 and ONF Flat Nano for some tanks similar in size and this looks like it needs to be in the mix. A much better fit for the lower tech tanks I prefer.

Thanks for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felipe View Post

Hereís a pic of the tank and light. Iíll update once I get the substrate, wood or rock, and some plants in.

Felipe likes this.

|
|
|
|
|
|
|

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-21-2019, 05:12 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
Does it fit on a tank with a rim?

Style: Organic soil (dirt), sand, gravel, plants, moss, algae, biofilm, mulm, snails, shrimp, small fish
Tech: Fluval Plant 3.0 Nano, Top Fin MF10, Tunze 3161, Eheim Skim 350, Neptune Apex EL
Tanks:
|
|
|
|
|

Media:
|
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-21-2019, 03:31 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveKS View Post
Aquaclear 20 and marineland 25w heater and your done as far as hardware. Iíd call that med/low light.

Im also going to build a light shroud that hangs around light to limit light spillover outside tank which will also increase par directed into tank.

Iím considering not using a heater. Our inside temp sits between 72-76 degrees. I have to give it some more thought!

26G BF
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2019, 03:34 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetwise View Post
Does it fit on a tank with a rim?

The clamp looks a bit narrow for a rimmed tank.

26G BF
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-26-2019, 12:41 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

The Azoo filter arrived today! I love the look of it. I did replace the sponge with a Fluval AQ30 foam pad that I cut to size and added Biomax behind the foam pad. Heater is also in. Just waiting for my plants that arrive tomorrow!

ScrubbyDick likes this.

26G BF
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-26-2019, 01:21 AM
Obsessed? Maybe

That looks great.

I hope you'll start a new tank journal so we can all follow along.
Felipe likes this.

|
|
|
|
|
|
|

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-27-2019, 05:21 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Here it is! Journal started.

Streetwise and fish+plants like this.

26G BF

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode